Previous topic - Next topic

suhoni56

Susan

tallguy58

Really good beginning.

Now you gotta hook 'em up and use 'em. ;D ;D
Cheers........Bill

Matilo Telephones

Wow, you are off to a flying start. Is this your current collection and do you plan to collect more?
Or has your collection grown?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

suhoni56

Yes Arwin, this is all I have so far, but I am now hooked. I will be getting more!
Susan

unbeldi

You have a variety there of very different telephones, one of each of generations actually of instruments.
With that comes the opportunity of learning a lot from each phone and that learning may guide you to new selections. I would take that candlestick, for example, retrofit it with cords, and make it work properly with a subscriber set, which should be your next acquisition.

suhoni56

Yes, I do a lot of research as I look for phones. I have been learning about sub sets. That candlestick has sentimental value, since it was my father's.  I think I want a 634A for the 302, and an earlier one for the candlestick, but not yet sure which one. Suggestions welcome!
Susan

poplar1

Since you have a 51AL, you'll want a "sidetone" subset for it. The 534A has the same outside appearance as the 634A, but has the older sidetone circuit. The steel 534A was the type being produced in the 1920s, when your 51AL was originally manufactured. Other sidetone subsets include 295A (wood), 334A (steel, with exposed gongs), and 584A (Bakelite cover)

You don't need a subset for the 302 since it already has a ringer, induction coil, and capacitor inside. If you find a 202, then a 634A or 684A could be used with that. Since the 634A is anti-sidetone, it's not designed to function with your 51AL.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

suhoni56

Thanks Poplar! So I will be watching for a steel 534A.... :)
Susan

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice widespread collection! When most of us start collecting, we usually start with one phone, and we eventually branch out to different models and makes. you have a great start, with many different generations of phones! I can't wait to see where this collection takes you... :D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Kenton K

now you need a 102, a 202, a g1, a speakerphone, a payphone, a teletrainer....

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Kenton K on October 15, 2014, 12:31:55 PM
now you need a 102, a 202, a g1, a speakerphone, a payphone, a teletrainer....
...a trimline, 1500, 1554, 2500, 2554,
Not to mention all of the colors for each of these models...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

WOW. Nice start. I guess it is too late for my usual warning about Phoneitis. You are obviously hooked already. Welcome to the asylum. You have found the best bunch of lunatics....errr, collectors on the web ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

suhoni56

Not a great picture, but some are in the original bunch at the top of the thread.

One AE 80
Four WE 500's
Two WE Princesses
One WE 302
One Stromberg Carlson
One Candlestick
One Northern Electric
One WE 554

...and watching 3.
Need a bigger shelf.
Susan

WEBellSystemChristian