News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone else here into tube electronics?

Started by Holtzer-Cabot, March 19, 2017, 08:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

I have several old radios and also a wire recorder.  My favorite toy is this 1947 Magnavox 153B Hepplewhite AM/Shortwave with optional FM tuner.  I've set up an antenna and grounding rod and it is a decent receiver.  It uses a tuning indicator tube to assist in centering the tuned station.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

JorgeAmely

Jorge

19and41

Nixies have been counting for years, now.   :D
— Arthur C. Clarke

retromodder

If its a piece of antique electronics, I will probably enjoy playing with it.

I routinely restore/play/collect  40s and 50s tv sets, tube era radios and amplifiers. Ive gotten into homebrewing my own ham equipment, 20s and 30s era stuff.

Holtzer-Cabot

I love all this stuff, some nice pieces you guys have!  :) Anything old with tubes I like! I also like old engines and tractors and mechanical stuff, and old cast iron electric motors!
Western Electric - A unit of the Bell System and main supplier of AT&T since 1882! -15 year old phone collector!

Dan/Panther

I was a moderator on ARF for several years I joined in 2007. Had a dispute with John the new administrator when Alan semi retired. It became a Good Ol Boys club.
It's been 2 years or more since I've posted. Right after Curt Reed passed, the forum seemed to fall apart.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Holtzer-Cabot

I see! I can agree! Although the forum seems to still be going good! I always browse the forums each day reading posts in my free time, even at school.  :)
Western Electric - A unit of the Bell System and main supplier of AT&T since 1882! -15 year old phone collector!

19and41

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 03, 2017, 10:39:33 PM
I was a moderator on ARF for several years I joined in 2007. Had a dispute with John the new administrator when Alan semi retired. It became a Good Ol Boys club.
It's been 2 years or more since I've posted. Right after Curt Reed passed, the forum seemed to fall apart.

D/P

It's gotten better in those 2 years.  Alan seems to be doing pretty well in keeping the malefactors in check these days.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Holtzer-Cabot