"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Newest Addition.

Started by Dan/Panther, May 31, 2009, 11:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I just won this SC Orange 500.
I'll be parting with my very good condition ITT shortly. The ITT is a 73, the SC is a 74.
I understand the SC is a much nicer and better built phone, so I'll soon find out. Either way, one of them is out of here.

http://tinyurl.com/lqso7a
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Good price on an orange 500.  I too have heard that SCs were made better than ITT, but I can't vouch for that in any way. 

mienaichizu

is it true that SC's are better built that ITT? because I'm planning to get one, a white SC, slightly discolored but not the whole phone, only at the back, maybe it's nicotine stain for about $27, is the price just right for the phone?

McHeath

What year is it?  I recently had the chance to buy a SC 500, dated 1979 and hardwired at both cords, for 5 bucks at a local junk store.  I passed as it as beige and I've got enough beige I figure, but maybe I should have bought it to see what makes up the build quality. 

mienaichizu

I remember it was 70's, I just can't remember the exact year, cords are also hard wires, I haven't seen the insides yet, I just ask it to the seller about it.

AET

Nice find!  Shoot!  If I didn't get 12 mpg, I could drive to Stevens Point and get it for cheaper than shipping LOL!
- Tom

JorgeAmely

I have an SC orange that I get out yearly for Halloween season. On these phones, the screws bite directly into the housing plastic, so you have to be careful every time you remove the housing. I improved mine by installing threaded inserts and replacing the base screws with the appropriate matching screw.
Jorge

Dan/Panther

I posted awhile back a little trick that We used in my job.
If you start the metal screw into the plastic body, by first turning the screw counterclockwise until it pops into it's start groove, you will be starting the screw in it's original hole and the problem of cross threading until the threads are gone will no longer be a problem.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson