and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

donna

dsk

My leather phone has started to generate noise, just like some older phones with electronics.

Do you have any experience with problemslike that?
If I change all the electrolytic capacitors, cold I be quit sure of a proper working telephone?

I have the same problem with my "Lillehammer" Olympic telephone.

dsk

LarryInMichigan

dsk,

What sort of noise?  My 1989 NT "Solo" phone has a 60Hz hum, though it does not have an AC input to it.  I stopped using it because people on the other end of phone calls were complaining to me about the noise.

Larry

bingster

It is well done.  It also reminds me of the battleship camouflage the Brits used in WWI.
= DARRIN =

dsk

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 23, 2009, 07:15:53 AM
dsk,

What sort of noise?  My 1989 NT "Solo" phone has a 60Hz hum, though it does not have an AC input to it.  I stopped using it because people on the other end of phone calls were complaining to me about the noise.

Larry

Somthing like that 50 hz hum here, but yes..
dsk

bellsystemproperty

This phone is hideous, and must get dirty from all the holding it goes through. It's not even a real rotary phone. This phone is worthy of incinerating

http://tinyurl.com/repulsive1

bwanna

bsp...your link doesn't work.
donna

JorgeAmely

Jorge

LarryInMichigan

Wow! there are more than ten of them available.  That means that at least ten of us can have one  :-*, so no fighting over them. 

McHeath

It looks like a cross between a Tribble and a phone. 

Going on my Christmas list! ;)

Ellen

The rhinestones and fur is hilarious! 

LarryInMichigan

Perhaps someone could convince the craigslist lady in WI (re: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1645.0) to turn those phones into clocks.

LarryInMichigan

Here's another one for the hideous list.  ebay item #170401899167.

Phonesrfun

I see that style come up every once in a while on E-Bay.  That one deserves to be turned into a lamp!

-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

These are also pretty hideous. Ebay #130341168813

./ ;)