News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

second area code for Idaho...

Started by Babybearjs, August 07, 2017, 11:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

just to let you all know, there is now a second area code for Idaho, it goes into effect in October. Can't remember what it is right now, but we now have to dial a 10 digit number for ALL calls....(Yuck)
John

Phonesrfun

And so it is for much of the country. 

Fortunately, I live in a place (neighboring Washington State) that has no overlay in this area.  So, a local call is still 7 digits.....BUT, many people move here with cell phones from out of the area and don't want to change their numbers, so I have several friends and family that I need to dial the whole number any way.  On the other hand, with the directory in my cell phone which is my main way to make phone calls, I really don't actually dial the number out much any more.  Even us old phone collectors have the new-fangled smart phones.
-Bill G

compubit

Washington DC still has 7 digit dialing (only area code 202), but only between 202 numbers.  Going back, the Washington Metro Zones had 7 digit dialing across the area, but no longer, and both Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland have overlays now. (Not that I ever dial a DC number - everything is programmed in my cell phone with the full 10 digits...)

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!