News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 06, 2016, 09:48:19 AM
Are you having a dry Fall?

We sure aren't in Wisconsin. It's been raining non-stop for the past 2 weeks! That may turn into snow pretty soon... :o

So far it's dry and the days range into the mid 80's F.  It's been a pretty dry summer.  Any wet weather is influenced by the storm activity further south toward the equator,  All the predictors saying we were to be overwhelmed by many hurricanes are still back at the drawing board.  Matthew is the only major event nearby this year, and it's influence here is expected to be low.  It's wreaked havoc in the Caribbean though.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Nick in Manitou

We are starting to see changes here, but we really don't know what to expect!  We moved from the mountains of Colorado to Tucson, Arizona at the beginning of August and the whole climate is new to us.

I spoke with a friend from our old neighborhood in Colorado a couple days ago and he has already seen freezing temperatures at his place...the lowest we have seen here is 57F.  Today it is predicted to be 92 with a low of 69!  This is very new and strange to us - but we are enjoying it!

Having a photovoltaic solar array on the roof has makes it easier not to stress about running the air conditioning a lot.

It is kind of fun to be in a new region where the weather, the flora and the fauna are all new and mysterious.

Nick
(Nick in Manitou Tucson)

dsk

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on October 07, 2016, 11:11:26 AM
We are starting to see changes here, but we really don't know what to expect!  We moved from the mountains of Colorado to Tucson, Arizona at the beginning of August and the whole climate is new to us.

I spoke with a friend from our old neighborhood in Colorado a couple days ago and he has already seen freezing temperatures at his place...the lowest we have seen here is 57F.  Today it is predicted to be 92 with a low of 69!  This is very new and strange to us - but we are enjoying it!

Having a photovoltaic solar array on the roof has makes it easier not to stress about running the air conditioning a lot.

It is kind of fun to be in a new region where the weather, the flora and the fauna are all new and mysterious.

Nick
(Nick in Manitou Tucson)
It was comfortable, and we felt well in the het when we visited Phoenix this summer, but home is home! So I do the best of our weather here, not bad but colder, maybe 20 deg C (68F) directly in the sun today. Just now 16 deg C (61F)

dsk

19and41

The trees are really starting to shed their leaves and needles.  It is still in the mid eighties farenheit daily.   I used to dread having to take up the pine needles as they were so hard to burn.  I worked out a way to burn them fast, hot and without smoke and little residue.  Now If I could work that out for the leaves as well.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

I saw this and said to myself..."It's not time for "Let it snow". again!

A;though I know it has already snowed in some places!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

twocvbloke

No snow predicted for us just yet, plenty of predictions for rain, rain and more rain though... ;D

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

I know Summer is officially over when I see this:
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Dave,

Getting close. Are the plows and shovels ready?

dsk

I just woke up to this:
dsk

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector

Must be old pictures from the 1950's...... they are in Black and White!

Terry

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on November 05, 2016, 01:58:28 AM
Dave,

Getting close. Are the plows and shovels ready?
We took a vote, and no-one wants it this year. None so far, any way....
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001