News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How do you include a photo (Avatar) along with your name?

Started by Jon Kolger, July 04, 2013, 08:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Kolger

I have read all about how to post photos to the forum, and I think I understand it.  But what I don't see explained is how to include a photo, or some other logo, with your name where it appears when you make a post.  I'm referring to the photos that appear with your name on the left-hand side of the page.  Where is that process explained?  Thanks!

New England Tel.

At the top of the page, click on the Profile tab. Under Modify Profile, you will click on Forum Profile Information. You will see the first section is devoted to putting up a picture (called an avatar, BTW).

Any further questions, just ask.
-Bob Archambault

AE_Collector

Jon: once you get the little picture figured, here is the ideal place to post some bigger pictures!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: New England Tel. on July 04, 2013, 08:43:21 PM
At the top of the page, click on the Profile tab. Under Modify Profile, you will click on Forum Profile Information. You will see the first section is devoted to putting up a picture (called an avatar, BTW).

Any further questions, just ask.

Just to guide you further, here is a screen capture of where you set your profile photo... For best results, make your image 100 pixels x 100 pixels or under before uploading, as it will be re-sized to that when uploaded. This way you have more control over how it will look when uploaded. Pick the file using the "Browse" function to be uploaded in the same way as you would a normal photo file for display.

Other items such as  signature, ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM addresses, and/or your personal Website Address/Title may be set up on the lower portion of that page.

When done making changes, select "Change Profile" at the bottom of that page.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001