News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Tonyrotary, April 10, 2015, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

It has been quite a while since I have been on this forum. Quite a lot has happened to me since. My last wife left me. I had to declare bankruptcy and lose the house we had just bought. And my condo I owned in Hawaii. But since I have gotten remarried and its been awesome! I lost a couple of my rotary phones. My ex wife wanted the 354 and she also kept rotary princess phone. I still own my 302 and ITT 500. Also my ITT 554 and my rotary trimline I have. Plus my Ericofon. We currently don't have a landline but my wife and I want to get one. I have gotten re interested in these phones and want them to ring again!  I see the forum has grown and I see some familiar names. When I joined the forum might have had just over a hundred members? I look forward to participating again and to learn more.  ;D

TelePlay

Welcome back, and yes, it has been some time. Your last post was April 1, 2011, a suspicious day at that.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4623.msg59051#msg59051

Up to 1,495 members and growing. You missed a lot but it's all there, somewhere, so good luck catching up, and again, welcome back.

Tonyrotary

Thanks Teleplay! Haha didn't know my last post was on April Fool's Day! And holy cow! I was just thinking about that telephone jack a couple of days ago! What are the odds that my last post was about that?

AE_Collector

Hi, Welcome back Tony!

Check your "Happy Birthday Tony" topic. We never gave up on you.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3781.0

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 11, 2013, 01:56:20 AM
Yes it would be nice to have him pop in and say "Hi" wouldn't it! I bet he will be back sooner or later. Happy Birthday where ever you are Tony.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome back, and hi!! :D

Although i joined only a couple years ago, I have read pretty much every single topic that has ever been posted on this forum, so I know about almost every popular member since the beginnings (pretty creepy, isn't it :o ), especially you!

A lot have left in search of a new hobby, or because of personal life issues, but a lot more have come! We have a lot of friendly faces now, including me (not an especially nice-looking face, though :-[ )!

Again, welcome back!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Tonyrotary

Oh wow guys I don't know what to say! You guys wishing me a happy birthday these past years! Thanks Terry! And to Jester and Dennis too! I wish I didn't stay away so long! And thanks Christian! Hope your enjoying this forum as much as I use too! I will be on here more often I promise guys.

Tonyrotary

Hey Christian I notice your a young guy. Awesome! Nice to see your interested in these old phones! You remind me of Atomic Tom! He still active here? And nice paint job on that 202 I believe?

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Tonyrotary on April 10, 2015, 09:38:20 PM
Oh wow guys I don't know what to say! You guys wishing me a happy birthday these past years! Thanks Terry! And to Jester and Dennis too! I wish I didn't stay away so long! And thanks Christian! Hope your enjoying this forum as much as I use too! I will be on here more often I promise guys.
You would be surprised how many members left in your absence. Jester and Tom have been absent for a while, as with many others. But, like I said, we have a whole bunch of great new people here who I hope you meet soon.

You should check out Ebay, lots of great phones there right now!

I hope you stay with us for a long time to come! ;)
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Tonyrotary on April 10, 2015, 09:44:30 PM
...nice paint job on that 202 I believe?
Thanks! That's my first paint job, and it's coming along well. I'll have another update tonight, so stay tuned!
Christian Petterson

Tonyrotary

Sorry to hear about old members leaving. It happens on the gun forums I visit. Maybe they will return too.  But I look forward to meeting the new ones! and to learn! I was looking at some of my old posts and forgot some of the things about my phones that I just relearned! My pride and joy is still my 302 I refinished even though my efforts came short of some of the work I have seen on this forum.  :D And I will stay tuned! Also ahead of you on ebay lol!

HarrySmith

Welcome back Tony!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

I don't remember seeing any recent posts from Tom, Tony.

Ben

HarrySmith

Tom has not been on here in a while. I see him on Facebook, he has been vary busy! Got married and just bought a house. Interesting side note he has done the entire house in a retro style. I guess "atomic" era style! Looks great!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 11, 2015, 06:04:07 PM
Tom has not been on here in a while. I see him on Facebook, he has been vary busy! Got married and just bought a house. Interesting side note he has done the entire house in a retro style. I guess "atomic" era style! Looks great!
Link? I've been interested to see where old members like him go!
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

Here is his profile; hasn't been active in over four years. Someone should send him a message on Facebook, and tell him his friends on the forum miss hearing from him (pretty weird coming from me, because I haven't even talked to him)!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=418
Christian Petterson