News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

500 Silver

Started by poplar1, December 12, 2013, 08:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

This ebay listing was right next to the Mediterranean Blue 500. It's a special order silver 500. Seller says he bought it from the estate of a Bell VIP.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1959-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-500-C-D-TELEPHONE-UNUSED-IN-BOX-SPECIAL-SILVER-PAINT-/291037002394

--------------

EDIT: Seller is asking for US $199.99 BIN with Free shipping

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WEBellSystemChristian

I saw that phone. It's interesting, because I've only seen phones like that in gold.

P.S, I was the one who bought that Med. blue 500. Im really exited, because that phone in that color is my all-time favorite by Western electric. I may have payed slightly more than some members would have payed for it, but it's my ultimate dream phone, so the price didn't matter as much as it would for other purchases. ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 12, 2013, 09:49:14 PM
P.S, I was the one who bought that Med. blue 500. Im really exited, because that phone in that color is my all-time favorite by Western electric.

Before and after photos when you get it, please.

Contempra

Of course this telephone has an unusual color because who would like to paint an appartment in silver?  its a joke but this telephone is very nice.

jsowers

Recently there was one of those house flipping shows that had lots of odd stuff all over the house still left from the previous tenant. Electronic stuff and satellite dishes. Wires everywhere. The kitchen was completely, and I mean COMPLETELY covered in aluminum foil. It was almost blinding. On every surface including the appliances. It looked like a practical joke, but nobody was laughing because they had to remove all that crud and redo the kitchen.

This phone would blend right in, but it's much nicer than a foil-covered kitchen. It's a beautiful paint job. So is that what's called Oxidized Silver when it's on a 202?

Christian, I don't think you overpaid at all for your dark blue. I paid more than you did for my first dark blue 500. It was about ten years ago. You should have no regrets at all. Seller and buyer are both happy. I have seen them go for $100 or $200 more than you paid.
Jonathan