and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Someone got a deal on this one

Started by Phonesrfun, April 04, 2010, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

E-Bay #  280485840648

$680

A1's have always done about $1,000, and this one included a subset and is in very decent shape.

-Bill G

dencins

One a couple of hours earlier sold for $906.99 with no subset but had a 2AA dial.

The later one has a #4 dial rather than a 2AA.  I think the seller's response to a question about what was written on the back stem of the phone was "PROV 14-8" did not help him.  Proverbs 14-8 is

"The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception."

Not a very good marketing answer.  Not giving the "D76869" answer probably cost him the difference.

Dennis

Phonesrfun

I didn't pick up on the bilblical reference, but I sure wondered what he or she was getting at.  I noticed the #4 dial, but didn't think that would have made a $300 to $400 difference.  You are probably right that the response killed it.  It certainly had all the correct earmarks from the front view, except for the dial, and it had the bullet transmitter and what appeared to be original fabric cords.

-Bill G

McHeath

I see that Mr. Helpful chimed in again:

QuoteQ: I would not sell this phone early, as it is worth at least $1000, and will probably sell for more than that.
A: Thank you very much for the advice, and I will TAKE IT TO HEART. So good to know that nice folks are looking out for me. Your kindness has made my day, BWD IN NY.