News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Craig's List 302

Started by Doug Rose, March 04, 2017, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan was poking through CL the other day and came across two bad pictures of a 302 with an E1. I asked the guy to send me a few pics of the back, bottom and the phone without the handset on it. Turned out to be a Date Matching 4 37 302. Very early 5H. Riveted feet and the vented grille. Small plungers. She went and got it on Wednesday. I am working on it today. Cords are gone and the celluloid dial plate is beyond hope. We shall see....Doug
Kidphone

cihensley@aol.com

Doug - do you need a 150B porcelain number plate for it?

Chuck

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on March 04, 2017, 02:36:18 PM
Doug - do you need a 150B porcelain number plate for it?

Chuck
Chuck ...I put a laminate on an old plate I had. Doesn't look bad at all. I found my last real good brown cloth cord. The original paint polished up really nice. Hard to believe this is EIGHTY years old and all the dates match. H1-3 over the mouse hole. I am going to list it on eBay tomorrow as I do have a nice one already.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I forgot, the E1 handset dates match as well!

Kidphone

AL_as_needed

That is a very handsome early 302, how much did it run you? Might make a nice FOTM item before you turn her loose.
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

CL seller said it was in his Mothers Home all her life, she died at 88 in 2004. He found it in the attic cleaning out the house.....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 05, 2017, 11:05:36 AM
CL seller said it was in his Mothers Home all her life, she died at 88 in 2004. He found it in the attic cleaning out the house.....Doug

We like attics!  Remember Mo's Dad's attic, where she found the picture phone?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

This beauty has a new owner....Doug
Kidphone