News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Blank Number/Letter Ring for 5302"s ??

Started by persido, February 18, 2014, 01:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

I bought 2 5302 shells and parts for $9.95 off Ebay, I have a few 302 plastic phones that are in bad shape, so I decided to turn them into 5302's.
My question is did they make a number ring for 5302 with out the numbers and letters, I would like to make one of the phones with a #6 dial with numbers and letters behind the dial, I think it will make a really cool looking 5302. If a blank 5302 number ring was never made, is there something I could use to get that look.

Thanks......Scot

Sargeguy

5302 dial bezels had the numbers painted on them.  You should be able to sand them off.  If you are doing that, I'll trade you mine that is partially rubbed off already for one of yours.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

paul-f

The rings I checked are double injection molded, so sanding is not an option.

I have seen some painted and used with porcelain dial plates.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

poplar1

It seems that WE might have used blank outer rings on manual 5302E sets. However, the two non-dial 5302Es I have seen--at least one of which was stamped 5302E on the base--both had 95B apparatus blanks, which were used on 500Cs and 554As. The 95B doesn't work very well on a 5302E.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Sargeguy

The bezel on mine was painted black, not worn as I had thought.  I scratched off most of the paint (first pic) and then scrubbed off the rest.  This 5302 came with an alphanumeric 164A plate if I recall correctly, because I remember Dennis M sent me the one that is on it now.  At the time I assumed the dial was Frankenphoned but it looks more like a 5302 with painted bezel and alphanumeric plate.  Here are before and after pics of my 5302:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409