News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson phones - when were they made? (1443, 1543)

Started by mr_a500, September 21, 2010, 08:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopthemachine

This is a great thread on the often forgotten 1500 series of phones from SC, which is one of my favorite models of phones. 

From what I can tell, SC began making their 500-type telephones in 1966--the earliest year I've seen on an SC 500 set.  This also seems to be the latest date that I have seen on a 1543/53 telephone so I want to go with 1966 as to when the 1500 series of phones ceased production. 

Of course, SC could still use up the older, soft plastic handsets from the 1500 series phones--but not on the 500 series of phones.  Where then?  On their 1600 phones...AKA "The Petite Phone"!  They were smarties over at Stromberg-Carlson!  I hope this helps. 

Jim Stettler

I saw a 1969 1543 advertised. I did not see a photo of the date stamp tho.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Nick in Manitou

I wonder if there is a document that covers the 1443s/1553s etc like there is for the earlier SC phones.  This document shows the model numbers for the handsets and a lot of other specifics.

I have attached a document that I copied from somewhere on the web, but I have not been able to find a similar document for the later models.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edit:
Whoops! I just realized that I put this into the wrong thread!  There is a discussion about S-C handset differences in another thread...that's where this was intended to be.  I guess I'll just put it there also.

Nick