http://tinyurl.com/ndll5cb

$3 on eBay BIN. Pick up only in the State of Washington
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

How much does a Sub-Cycle weigh?  Yeah, I know, less than a Full-Cycle . . .  8) 

32 pounds is in the payphone range and a lot less than those explosion proof phones.

For posterity:

" DESCRIPTION:  This is a model "S" Sub-Cycle ringing machine manufactured by Lorain Products Corporation. The purpose of this equipment is to generate ringing current for ringing telephones in a telephone system. It is intended for use in a telephone central office, but would be obsolete for this use now. It would be of interest now for experimenters and hobbyists.

It works by converting regular household current, 105-125 volts A.C., 60 Hertz (cycles per second) to 90 volts A.C. at 20 Hertz, the current used in telephone systems for ringing the telephone bells. It does this conversion through the use of transformers, inductors, and capacitors to convert the voltage to 90 volts and to tune the output side to resonate at 20 Hertz. It is necessary to connect a 25- or 40-watt incandescent light bulb in series with the output to control the current. I will include the light bulb socket and red light bulb I was using for this purpose when I was experimenting with my own telephone exchange (it really worked!) about forty years ago. Please note that the power supply cord and output wiring I was using is so old that I would recommend replacing it with a newer cord and wires just in case there is deterioration in the insulation. Note also that this equipment supplies a continuous 90-volt ringing current. It would be necessary to provide an external device for interrupting the current to give the half-second or so rings typical for telephone ringing. I don't think anyone would enjoy a phone that gives one, long, continuous ring!

This thing is about 9½ inches wide, about 14 inches long and about 5½ inches thick, and weighs about 32 pounds.

CONDITION: This equipment is in good condition. "

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905