News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For you Princess phone fans

Started by Greg G., July 18, 2009, 03:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

They just don't rotate my dial, but I was curious as to what you thought of this one:

Something I just noticed about the CL picture, it has the ebay watermark on it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

I was of the same opinion until I actually got one (funny how that changes your mind).  They're pretty nifty, I think.

The use of a photo that was copied off an ebay page does raise suspicions in me, though. 
= DARRIN =

benhutcherson

I've been collecting phones for a while, but only got my first one(pink) about a month and a half ago. Since then, I've also picked up a really nice 701(without the ringer and with a weight) for $10.

I also wasn't crazy about them at first, but they really are a nice and well thought out design.

Dan

I have a few princesses and love the design. I really want a black one, but they are rare and pricey. Nice aqua!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

BDM

Funny how black is so rare with the Princess, and nothing else ???
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Phonesrfun

Nice phone, I'd probably get it if the price was not too high.  This is the later version that has the ringer in the base of the phone.  Hopefully it is authentic.

-Bill
-Bill G

foots

The Princess phones are nice, though I prefer the look of the Starlite. I'm going to keep my eyes open to see if I can find a Princess locally.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dennis Markham

I found a touch tone Princess this morning at the flea market.  It was a buck.  I couldn't pass on it.   It looks like it's from 1977.  It's white and not faded badly, but slightly.  A perfect phone for someone's aunt that wants one in case the power goes out.

Dan/Panther

I wanted to get an aqua Princess like my Mom had when I was a kid, I got one, fixed it up, now I have, 1- White, 2- Pink, 1-Aqua.
Just don't know when to quit.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

I'd also like a black and an aqua and even a pink princes 702, but yep, they're just so pricey on Ebay usually, or badly faded. But who know; maybe someday my princess may come. ;)
-Matt

jsowers

Once I found a pink 702 Princess in a local thrift store for $5. It still had the number card from the neighboring county, which was Southern Bell territory. So if someone from a county that was always AE territory can find one in a thrift, so can you! I've never found anything else phone-related worth anything in that store, BTW. But that one time made it all worthwhile.

About black being rare, yes it is! So is light gray. One of the selling points of the Princess was the color and it was the opposite from all the other phones that came before it. It came in color originally and then came in black later on. Black is also fairly rare in Trimlines.

About one being a nice gift for an aunt, I can attest to that. Once I got a blue 702 Princess that had a small crack. Beware--they have a tendency to crack on the sides if they were dropped or poorly packed. Have the seller make sure they're not cracked before you buy. Anyway, I decided to clean this aqua blue one up and give it to Aunt Jane, who has always liked blue and had the first Princess phone I'd ever seen. She loves it! She put it beside the guest room bed and I was honored to hook it up, including the light.
Jonathan

Dan/Panther

Matt;
You are going to have to kiss many frogs my friend...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
Matt;
You are going to have to kiss many frogs my friend...
D/P

:D

Well, I like frogs as creatures but not enough to kiss one. So I think I'll just do without getting a princess phone unless I find a bargain.
-Matt

foots

Hobie, I wonder, rather than kissing the frogs just fry 'em and eat 'em and see if you get a Princess that way. If you don't, at least you'll have had a fine meal. Fried frog legs are hard to beat.  ;D 
I have to agree with Hobie though, a Princess in black would be the way to go.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

Foots, You just made me grin. I'll get back to the thread topic of Princess Phones, but since you mentioned eating frogs legs, I must admit that I never have, tho I hear they are tasty. I am not loath to eating various critters (and I do have a list) but I just like frogs too much in their natural state to eat their vital appendages.

About the black princess phones, I can see why they're more rare (and expensive) since less of them were made, as the attractiveness/marketing of the princess phone was also about color.

I just wanted black because most of my phones are black, and I enjoy comparing phones in all various ways without being distracted by all those pesky pretty colors.

Since the Princess phones were designed by Henry Dreyfuss and Associates, they are of interest to me, whatever the color.

But maybe a Princess isn't in my future.

What about black Trimline phones?  And do they go well with froglegs? ;)

-Matt