News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally, the system is up and running....

Started by Babybearjs, June 11, 2019, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:D I wanted to share with you all that I've gotten to a stopping point on my telephone remodel. I have 6 of the 10 stations wired and running on a 25 pair cable. (home run wiring) I'm really glad to be done with this part of the project... I kind of over spent to get this project done and its gonna cost me for now... (-637.00) this amount is where my bank balance stands right now and its frustrating because I have to make it up next month, and I'll be short then for July's bills. (but at least its done!) because of my AC problem which was part of this neg. balance... it threw a wrench into getting the rest of the wire to finish the job. at this point, it looks like it won't be until next year that I'm back where I'm suppose to be financially and can buy the wire... Which, by the way is only another 500 feet! I was going to buy a 1000 Ft. spool, but things turned out differently than first expected... anyway, here are the pictures of the extensions that are back up and running! (with the exception of my bathroom phone, which was wired with 4 pair cable only... tried a multiline phone in there and it was too much!)
John

Key2871

There must be something significant about lighting the hold key. But it's good to hear that you used proper cable for your run's.
Can you tell us why you use a lamp in the hold key?
And there's just something about the rotary sets that just looks so good..
KEN

Babybearjs

it tells me the system is on... nothing more for right now... just a way to use the HL circuit... if the light goes out, then the system may be off... or the lamp burnt out.... or a loose connection.... or... or...  anyway, I just use it for a power indicator. that's all....
John

Key2871

I connected mine up a couple different ways once. Either when the buzzer was sounding, for a bedroom quieted buzzer or connected to a door switch to let me know when the front door was opened.
I had a key set next to my system for convenience and to aid me in trouble shooting. But the lamps burning all the time is asking for trouble. It will discolor the plastic after time.
So get a beehive lamp and put it outside your closet for power indications.
KEN

Babybearjs

haven't had any issues with this setup. its been this way for a good 7 years! had some 1A beehive lamps once, got rid of them because I didn't use them and the plastic was getting old... tried to find some more with no luck... wanted to get some new lens' and gave up... so, I just stay with this setup.
John

Key2871

Well obviously I didn't know that you have had them running for seven years...
But what ever floats your boat.
KEN

Babybearjs

I don't let it get to me... the system works and now, its been remodeled for better performance. just have to keep on it... the other day, went to answer line 2 on an extension and it wouldn't pick up. had to go to another extension to answer the line. loose wire on the block... frustrating! repunched the connection, now all is working! just have to figure out why when the calls come in the "R" relays don't activate properly. when I manually trigger them, the wink circuit works fine, but when a regular call comes in they barely work... could it be the ring voltage? I had to set all my bells to low bias because of this? whats the normal voltage for the relay to properly respond? or could it be something else?

John