News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forest Green W.E. 500

Started by Dan/Panther, December 10, 2008, 08:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I finally put together a Forest Green W.E. 500, with tremedous help from Dennis Markham, by way of a replacement dial for it. I also had to get another body, as the one I bought had several hairline cracks around the dial face, not mentioned in the auction.
I had several N.O.S. colored handset cords I had recently bought from Ebay, and replaced the old one.
This one dates 1972, a little newer than I wanted, but in the future, I'll work my way back. The dial is N.O.S. and and the phone works like a charm.
No matter how harde I try, I just can't seem to capture color with my camera. In person nthe phone is almost undetectable as far as color match, but the camera lies....
Actually it's the lighting that I use, it reflects differently from different materials.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, it look very nice.  I'm glad I could help.

Dennis

JimH

I found out that if you use a flash it washes out the pictures, making some parts of the phone look lighter.  I use natural light when I can.
Jim H.

Dan

I got one that the seller described as "sage green". It looks like yours. Is this a different shade of green or where they the same?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright