"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Help with ercafon dial, only returning half way

Started by WesternElectricBen, April 16, 2013, 09:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Hello everyone,
First I couldn't get the sandswich off now the problem is the dial is only returning half way? Could you explain how to repair this? Thank you!
Ben

Jim Stettler

Ben,
Go back to the website and contact Richard Rose, he will guide you on your ericofon, he is considered to be the World's expert on Ericofons. He has an amazing collection and he rebuilds them (from all eras).
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Jim S. on April 16, 2013, 11:46:34 PM
Ben,
Go back to the website and contact Richard Rose, he will guide you on your ericofon, he is considered to be the World's expert on Ericofons. He has an amazing collection and he rebuilds them (from all eras).
JMO,
Jim

Ok thank you! I'l figure out how to do that. I just noticed I didn't write Sand Switch but sandwich. haha

Ben

HarrySmith

I was wondering what kind of sandwich was in an Ericofone, I have never disassembled one either. It is actually a Stand Switch.
Second picture here seems to cover it: http://www.ericofon.com/work/maint.htm
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 17, 2013, 05:29:49 PM
I was wondering what kind of sandwich was in an Ericofone, I have never disassembled one either. It is actually a Stand Switch.
Second picture here seems to cover it: http://www.ericofon.com/work/maint.htm

I made a typo, not it kind of cracks me up. The pictures wasn't very precise so I'm not sure what its pointing too.

Ben

HarrySmith

It appears you put a screwdrivers in the slot on the clip and push it in the direction of the arrow to release the clip and pull the switch out.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 17, 2013, 05:59:02 PM
It appears you put a screwdrivers in the slot on the clip and push it in the direction of the arrow to release the clip and pull the switch out.

The little mettle circular thing?

Thanks,
Ben

LarryInMichigan

To remove the red hook switch (stand switch) button, insert a small screwdriver or something into the oval shaped slot in the metal piece and push the metal piece towards the edge of the phone. 

Larry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 17, 2013, 06:28:05 PM
To remove the red hook switch (stand switch) button, insert a small screwdriver or something into the oval shaped slot in the metal piece and push the metal piece towards the edge of the phone. 

Larry

Ok, I found it now, though the dial only goes haf way back it doesn't completely reset, only half way. I'm sure the mech is somehow flipped how shal I fix it?

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WesternElectricBen

UPDATE! I tore it all apart, now I just need to know how should the gear with numbers to be reset? If you could take a picture that would be great! Thanks

Ben