News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

OldPhoneshop.com

Started by Doug Rose, February 03, 2014, 02:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I just bought 100 AE acetate dial card covers for $15 and $3.00 shipping. Can't beat the shipping price....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Do you mean oldphoneworks or is there someone new?
-Bill G

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dennis Markham

Something changed then, didn't it Doug?  Remember last time you wanted some the shipping for that item alone was prohibitive.  That's good news.  You already went through that last batch of 100?!

DavePEI

Different Company; OldPhoneWorks is Don Woodbury's in Canada vs. OldPhoneShop is Mark Trelitelaar in the US

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

poplar1

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 03, 2014, 09:22:16 PM
Something changed then, didn't it Doug?  Remember last time you wanted some the shipping for that item alone was prohibitive.  That's good news.  You already went through that last batch of 100?!

OPW (oldphoneworks): $9.75 postage for one dial card from Kingston, Ontario (Canada)
This is Oldphoneshop: Wisconsin
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Sargeguy

I have dealt with both vendors.  I like Mark's lower shipping and faster turnaround time.  I like Don's bulk order discounts and generally lower cost.  For orders from OPW I usually call to find out what can be done about shipping rather than rely on the website shopping cart.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Phonesrfun

I'll be darned.  I have dealt with Mark in the past, but I did not know he had a store/shop.  Dealing with Mark has always been a good experience for me.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 03, 2014, 09:22:16 PM

Oops, I read Doug's post as OldphoneWORKS. 

RotarDad

I just look a look at this site.  They have what appears to be John LaRose's mushroom repro caps for sale also - black or white for 49.99.
Paul