News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay Fees

Started by wds, June 07, 2014, 06:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I just noticed I'm being charged insertion fees on Ebay - when did that start?  I've never had a listing fee before - am I doing something wrong?
Dave

maarm

This went into effect on May 15, 2014.
From eBay's policy:
"    If you do not subscribe to an eBay Store, you'll enjoy up to 100 FREE listings*—pay no insertion fees—every month.
        50 of these will be dedicated auction-style listings, which can be used only in the categories listed below. There will no longer be an allotment of free fixed price listings for items listed in these 14 categories, unless you subscribe to an eBay Store.
        You'll also receive 50 free listings* which can either be additional auction-style listings in the categories listed below, or auction-style or fixed price listings in most other categories.

The standard insertion fee for fixed price listings in the categories listed below will be 30¢ per listing. Note: This 30¢ per listing charge will apply to Good 'Til Cancelled listings that renew on or after May 15, 2014.
    As before, you'll be able to add Buy It Now FREE to your free auction-style listings, or Best Offer for FREE to your free fixed price listings.

The following categories are affected by this update, and will no longer be eligible for free fixed price listings* to sellers without an eBay Stores subscription:

Antiques
    Art
    Baby
    Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
    Coins & Paper Money
    Collectibles
    Dolls & Bears
    Entertainment Memorabilia
    Health & Beauty
    Jewelry & Watches
    Pottery & Glass
    Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop
    Stamps
    Toys & Hobbies

If you prefer to list in the fixed price format in the categories listed, you can still do so for the 30¢ insertion fee mentioned above. Or you can consider a Basic eBay Stores subscription for just $19.95 a month, or $15.95 a month with a yearly commitment. With a Basic eBay Stores subscription, you'll get 150 free listings*—auction-style or fixed price—every month, final value fees of 9% or less in the categories listed above, and access to a wealth of marketing tools to help supercharge your sales."
Mike

tallguy58

Death by a thousand cuts.

I hate that company now.
Cheers........Bill

wds

A 30 cent listing fee can be pretty expensive if your just selling off small parts for just a few dollars.  Obviously the Ebay Store fees aren't worth it if you only sell occasionally.  This fee will also reduce the number of BIN listings.  I'll have to think twice now about buying now that they've upped the ante on selling fees.
Dave