"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Feedback

Started by Doug Rose, November 17, 2021, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

How important is it to you?

As a buyer, I do not even notice it unless I see a lot of negatives, then I read them. It is the Phone I care about.

I always leave feedback for seller right away, once I receive the Phone I purchased in advertised condition.

How important is it to you that you receive feedback back from seller after you have left feedback? For some reason it is important to me that I receive return feedback and I don't know why?  ::)  ...Doug

Kidphone

countryman

Same here.
I do not sell much, but if so, I'm disappointed about buyers not caring to leave a notice that my item and service was appreciated.
I'm always leaving benevolent feedback, both as a buyer or seller.

LarryInMichigan

A buyer of one of my items explicitly asked me to not give him feedback, so I didn't.  I don't know how it could have hurt him though.

Larry

MMikeJBenN27

As a buyer and as a seller I try to always leave feedback.  It is annoying to me when others refuse to leave feedback.

Mike

tubaman

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on November 17, 2021, 03:44:51 PM
As a buyer and as a seller I try to always leave feedback.  It is annoying to me when others refuse to leave feedback.

Mike

Quite agree. I've looked back at my last few sales and I only got feedback from buyers on about a third of them.
When buying phones I do look at the feedback but can't be too swayed by it as I can't usually get the same phone elsewhere. For other run of the mill items I take the feedback score far more seriously and won't buy from a seller who has a large percentage of complaints.

markosjal

I usually find that many people will leave feedback only after receiving your feedback. I think they worry your feedback will be negative and they should leave negative feedback for you if you leave negative feedback for them. Last I checked my feedback rating was 100% 
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

MMikeJBenN27

It is important to me, because you having a good record makes buyers more likely to buy your merchandise.  People who refuse to leave feedback annoy me.

Mike

RDPipes

I'm old school eBay and as a seller I only leave feedback after the buyer leaves me feedback (NO Trust here sadly). And Sadly only about 90% of the buyers out there don't leave feedback EVEN when you leave them feedback first.
As a buyer I ALWAYS leave feedback the very day I receive my item and NEVER leave Neg. until I talk to the seller.
I use to block buyers that didn't leave my feedback within a month but, my blocked list got so big I just decided to delete it and start over. LOL!

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: markosjal on June 29, 2022, 07:44:54 PMLast I checked my feedback rating was 100% 

Mine was, for a long time, but I had a buyer who didn't read the description, and left me Neutral feedback, even though I specifically said in the description that the phone was not all-original.

Mike

RDPipes

Mines STILL 100% but, like you someone purchased some phone parts from me and left me a Neutral with the word "Useful". Well what else would they be, tasty? As far as I'm concerned the feedback was Useless.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: RDPipes on June 30, 2022, 06:52:50 PMMines STILL 100% but, like you someone purchased some phone parts from me and left me a Neutral with the word "Useful". Well what else would they be, tasty? As far as I'm concerned the feedback was Useless.
Mine didn't even say Useful, he sent me a nasty E-Bay message ranting and raving about how the phone wasn't in factory-stock condition, despite the fact that I said that in the description.

Mike

RDPipes

Yeah, I kinda doubt that too many read descriptions anymore.
I had a fellow purchase an item off me on eBay just 2 days ago and he emailed me to say he showed the auction to a friend and was told it wasn't original to the item. I told him that IN my description I state it is NOT original to it. And he said, Oh I didn't read the description.............who does that? I always read it no matter what. Needless to say that was that and he accepted that it was his fault and didn't want to return it see'en it was already in the mail.

RDPipes

After going over my feedback recently as a Seller I found, sadly mind you, that 99% of my sales of phones and phone related parts and items I never received feedback for and one is even a member here, while 95% of non-phone related items I got feedback for. Now that my friends is sad.

markosjal

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

RDPipes

Quote from: markosjal on July 30, 2022, 12:04:56 AMOMG was it me?
I truthfully don't know sir but, if you don't know.......