News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mint Green WE 500 Mushroom

Started by Doug Rose, August 28, 2020, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I went to BIN for $40 but it just hung. Someone else got it. It had no mushroom cover but looked cool. Hopefully one of you got it.....l.Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 28, 2020, 07:21:32 PM
I went to BIN for $40 but it just hung. Someone else got it. It had no mushroom cover but looked cool. Hopefully one of you got it.....l.Doug
Your hopes are answered.
I sent a PM to Ray K. to see if he makes mushroom caps. I know there are some black repro mushroom caps out there.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,

TelePlay

It's not green

HarrySmith

Nice Catch. That is some pretty bad discoloration. That will take some work to restore.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 28, 2020, 07:35:04 PM
That will take some work to restore.
Lucky for me I don't worry about restoration.  :)
You live, You learn,

Doug Rose

Congrats Jim....I saw it...but eBay would not let me buy it as you had already got it. I guessed on the color as the auction disappeared and was not n previously viewed.

Nice hit my friend....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Gary

Stubbypylon

John LaRose makes the repro mushroom caps.  They're white so you'll just need to get Richard Rose to paint it for you.
Craig Stanowski

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jim Stettler on August 28, 2020, 07:49:56 PM
Lucky for me I don't worry about restoration.  :)
Jim....you will just display the phone as it comes out of the box when you get it? Do you think it is an aqua fade? Very nice, find of the month!...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 29, 2020, 09:09:13 AM
Jim....you will just display the phone as it comes out of the box when you get it? Do you think it is an aqua fade? Very nice, find of the month!...Doug
I pull them out, and set them somewhere, and sometimes wipe them down (eventually).
I typically display phones with similar sets, this one will get displayed with a black mushroom set and turquoise 500 set (both currently packed away).

I lean towards turquoise as the color.  Aqua fade is typically a darker green hue.

I think  the swirl set for FOTM, It is the set that will stay in my collection the longest.
Cost wise, this one  is better bang for the buck
Jim
You live, You learn,

poplar1

Quote from: Jim Stettler link=topic=24258.quote author=Jim Stettler link=topic=24258.msg241265#msg241265 date=1598712579]
I

I lean towards turquoise as the color.  Aqua fade is typically a darker green hue.

What year is your 500D turquoise? I don't think any 500s were turquoise before 1964.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: poplar1 on August 29, 2020, 07:41:00 PM
What year is your 500D turquoise? I don't think any 500s were turquoise before 1964.
I don't know the date offhand.  I think it has the really thin line cord.

I didn't realize I had it till January of this year. I probably got it in an auction box of phones at a Kansas show.
I have never had it sitting out on display. Currently it is packed away, I hope I marked the box.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

The photo had been tweaked. It is discolored Aqua. I will try to post photos later .

You live, You learn,