News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this a North Handset?

Started by Doug Rose, January 01, 2021, 09:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Who is the maker of the Handset on this North? I have never seen a North like it....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-North-Electric-Straight-Line-Black-Telephone/224300467245?hash=item343959842d:g:3uEAAOSwJq9f7pJD
Kidphone

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Kidphone

countryman

It doesn't seem I can find a common German phone with anything similar?
Fuld had handsets with tapered ends but they weren't distinctively winged like that. I thought of Belgian or Dutch models but a comparison on matilo.eu was negative. Ericsson maybe?

Jack Ryan

Quote from: countryman on January 01, 2021, 11:50:47 AM
It doesn't seem I can find a common German phone with anything similar?
Fuld had handsets with tapered ends but they weren't distinctively winged like that. I thought of Belgian or Dutch models but a comparison on matilo.eu was negative. Ericsson maybe?

I haven't seen it before either - doesn't look German. It's not like any Ericsson handset I've seen either.

Bit of a mystery.

Jack

tubaman

Quote from: Jack Ryan on January 01, 2021, 09:25:27 PM
I haven't seen it before either - doesn't look German. It's not like any Ericsson handset I've seen either.

Bit of a mystery.

Jack

Agree. Perhaps worth asking the seller to take the caps off and show the insides and inserts?
:)

LarryInMichigan

Many years ago, I bought a phone with what is probably the same handset.  There was a discussion about it here: forum link.

Larry

countryman

It looks like you solved the mystery. If I understand Paul-F right in the other thread it's a Holtzer-Cabot handset. Seems to be really rare, but is it collectible/valuable, or just an oddity?