News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Frustration with FaceBook Marketplace

Started by Desert Phone Guy, January 23, 2021, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

Has anyone else had issues with FB Marketplace?

Since the first of the year, I have had four deals to make purchases on the market place, only to have the seller go quiet, or not respond afterwards.  Just today, I had a seller back out of a deal because she did not want to go to the post office.  She agreed to the sale and the price a couple of days ago, but now it's too inconvenient.

Ebay may have it's issues, and I have been one to complain about ebay here, but at least the buyer has some protection. 

Steve

RB

I can see that, kind of.
I don't like goin to the po either.
It would be nice if we could get our own scale for postage.
Then just call for a pickup.
It stinks tho, that folks can just back out of a deal, and you can't do squat about it.

PilotAndy1994

Kind of silly, really. You can make a shipping label totally online and even schedule a pickup. That's why I'm still on eBay.

RB

Ok, I will give you 2 out of 3...
How do you weigh stuff?

TelePlay

Quote from: RB on January 24, 2021, 11:13:58 AM
How do you weigh stuff?

Been using one for years. Paid for itself many times over. Checked it against the USPS counter scale and it was never short on weight.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Postal-Scale-Digital-Shipping-Electronic-Mail-Packages-Capacity-of-30KG-66lb/284012470689

Will handle a half ounce letter to a payphone.

Many to choose from on eBay - search for "postal scale"

Babybearjs

when I was on FB, I tried to list a matteress set and had plenty of people wanting it, but no one would commit.... always looking for the cheapest price.... after about the 3rd person failing to buy, I dropped using the marketplace, and then dropped FB al together.... too many reposts and otheer junk...
John