News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

D76869 (A1) sold on Ebay $50

Started by poplar1, January 30, 2021, 10:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

This one was listed on Ebay for only a few minutes. Sold for $50 buy it now last night:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-MODEL-202-NO-DIAL-TELEPHONE-/184642354529
( dead link 02-27-22 )

Seller bulplky:  completed items:

(Can't figure out how to save the pictures from listing to my Chrome notebook in order to post them.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

phonium

I saw that just as it was listed! Clicked as soon as I saw it, but it had sold...
George Amores
ATCA#4857

FABphones

Well I truly hope a collector got this one, not someone out again to make a fast buck.  :(
A gorgeous little phone, this one in nice condition too.

Listing was up for just under 16 minutes before it sold.

Screenshots from listing:
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

PilotAndy1994

If I ever sell something that quick I know I made a mistake...What a shame for that seller...Didn't know what they had...Guarantee it was a forum member with a great flip coming their way. Good for them! I've been watching "Vintage telephones" on eBay nightly, but must have missed it in those few minutes it was live...You guys are like hound dogs with these things sometimes  ::).

Keep your eyes peeled for the relist!

Doug Rose

Quote from: PilotAndy1994 on February 01, 2021, 08:37:12 PM
If I ever sell something that quick I know I made a mistake...What a shame for that seller...Didn't know what they had...Guarantee it was a forum member with a great flip coming their way. Good for them! I've been watching "Vintage telephones" on eBay nightly, but must have missed it in those few minutes it was live...You guys are like hound dogs with these things sometimes  ::).

Keep your eyes peeled for the relist!
I am a firm believer if you don't know what you have, Do not list a BIN. This is not the first time an manual A1 went for a Manual D1 price.....look the same to seller... :-X.....Doug
Kidphone

PilotAndy1994

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 01, 2021, 08:57:38 PM
I am a firm believer if you don't know what you have, Do not list a BIN. This is not the first time an manual A1 went for a Manual D1 price.....look the same to seller... :-X.....Doug

Your reputation precedes you!

Bahahaha

Been a lurker on the forum for a few years - just made an account recently!

Doug Rose

Quote from: PilotAndy1994 on February 01, 2021, 09:06:36 PM
Your reputation precedes you!

Bahahaha

not sure what your lurking did Andy, I stand by my comment, whether I benefited from an uniformed seller or not....Doug
Kidphone

PilotAndy1994

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 01, 2021, 09:11:08 PM
not sure what your lurking did Andy, I stand by my comment, whether I benefited from an uniformed seller or not....Doug

That's all shorthand for " Doug is the buyer of this phone"...

I saw you grab a bunch of steals over the years!

Good for you!

MMikeJBenN27

I hope the buyer isn't one of those who insist that you don't need a subset.

FABphones

Quote from: PilotAndy1994 on February 01, 2021, 09:06:36 PM
Bahahaha

Quote from: PilotAndy1994 on February 01, 2021, 08:37:12 PM
...Guarantee it was a forum member with a great flip coming their way....

PilotAndy. If you have been a 'lurker' here for a few years then you will know that in the main, members here are not 'flippers' of phones, but rather genuine collectors with an interest in their hobby.

There are a few members here who buy/sell phones on a daily basis, but not the majority of us. That of course is their prerogative. They collect too and have some great phones.

When a low priced phone such as this is listed, of course a Flipper/Dealer/Reseller - whatever one wants to call them - is going to swoop and 'grab' and pat themselves on the back. My hope is that a collector sees it first and manages to add a more pricey phone to their collection which, they are otherwise unlikely to ever own when phones such as this are 'grabbed' and resold for a price way above their budgets.

To show a phone here on a thread because the member is pleased to add it to their collection is a nice thing to read.

A 'look at my bargain buy' thread discussing a phone which is not for the collection but for resale for $$$ (or $$$$) mostly just comes across as a gloat. Not nice.

Many of us on here think the same way.
We simply enjoy our collections and like to share our finds with the likeminded.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

I try to look every day hoping to find a buy like this. That is the only way I will have one for my collection, I do not have deep pockets. This forum is not the only place where people buy phones. There are 2 groups, ATCA & TCI that have many more members than we do here. They also have a lot of deep pockets. Anytime a rare phone sells for really big dollars you can be assured a member there got it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: PilotAndy1994 on February 01, 2021, 09:18:31 PM
That's all shorthand for " Doug is the buyer of this phone"...

I saw you grab a bunch of steals over the years!

Good for you!
Andy.....I liked you much better as a lurker. If I bought the phone, I would admit it. I have nothing to hide.

I don't know what your problem is with me, as I am very honest.

Yes, I buy phones to sell to get other phones for my collection. I have been doing it for 40 years and I have never paid for a phone.

I did buy a A1 last year at a great price and traded it to another member.

To be clear, I did not buy this current A1 or I would have admitted it.

I stand behind my comment, if a seller does not know what they have, do not list it as a BIN.

"shorthand" Go back to lurking, it suits you....Doug
Kidphone

PilotAndy1994

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 02, 2021, 08:14:39 AM
Andy.....I liked you much better as a lurker. If I bought the phone, I would admit it. I have nothing to hide.

I don't know what your problem is with me, as I am very honest.

Yes, I buy phones to sell to get other phones for my collection. I have been doing it for 40 years and I have never paid for a phone.

I did buy a A1 last year at a great price and traded it to another member.

To be clear, I did not buy this current A1 or I would have admitted it.

I stand behind my comment, if a seller does not know what they have, do not list it as a BIN.

"shorthand" Go back to lurking, it suits you....Doug

I was unaware that the little face you put in your post suggested anything otherwise. If you guys aren't a bunch of "proud to flip" types - that was my misunderstanding. It's a pity. I find the talk of values and sales makes any hobby more exciting. I am more of a flipper than a collector, and I use the forum frequently to see the data on auction contests and the like.

You're a hoot Doug. I'm quite fine with my account, and you'll be seeing a lot more from me. Hope you can handle it.

Andy