News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Stromberg Carlson 1243 bought on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, August 02, 2021, 08:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

if this is the phone, it is a beauty. Wonderful Paint job....Welcome to the Forum......Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194266426763?hash=item2d3b2e6d8b:g:mJgAAOSwsm5hBxbY

Kidphone

BackInTimemachines

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 02, 2021, 08:08:11 AM
if this is the phone, it is a beauty. Wonderful Paint job....Welcome to the Forum......Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194266426763?hash=item2d3b2e6d8b:g:mJgAAOSwsm5hBxbY

Thanks, Doug - yes that's it. Back_In_Timemachines on eBay - I do Tube Radios, Vintage Watches, and sometimes stuff from my collection like this phone. My guy, Dan Sperry, who does my custom radios is a retired auto body painter and has great materials and technique. I'm putting the rest of the photos up today. BTW, If someone wants it but doesn't want to do eBay, just message me directly.

I'm going to try going with one capacitor wiring as suggested above. Would love to find a friend/neighbor that has POTS line so I can test and make 100% sure/take the uncertainty out.

Thanks!

Doug Rose

Shipping is always a key when buying and selling for me. This easily fits in a Medium Flat Rate Box for $15.50 compared to $32.20 in auction

I always list shipping in my auctions as a flat rate price, If I lose on shipping because of insurance....I won because it went high.

On CL I list shipping at $10 as I eat some of the shipping which would have been eBay fees.

Just my humble opinion....Doug
Kidphone

BackInTimemachines

Thanks Doug - I'll check the pricing. FYI - it includes insurance on $300 (est) - which rates have gone way up. Plus I double box so any crazy handling in shipping doesn't end up ruining a rare purchase.  The way I pack I can't see this in anything under a 15x12x10 box.  Most of my $300+ buyers would rather pay a higher ship price than save a few dollars and have it ruined. My experience coming from rare radios anyway.

BackInTimemachines

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 02, 2021, 12:15:19 PM
Shipping is always a key when buying and selling for me. This easily fits in a Medium Flat Rate Box for $15.50 compared to $32.20 in auction

I always list shipping in my auctions as a flat rate price, If I lose on shipping because of insurance....I won because it went high.

On CL I list shipping at $10 as I eat some of the shipping which would have been eBay fees.

Just my humble opinion....Doug

Adjusted the box size - can actually do a 13x10x10 with good space protection so a bit cheaper. Sounds like you are in a location you would want to select the UPS or FedEx options which get cheaper for further away.  I can ship to CA zip codes for $34 2nd day with those.

RB

TelePlay

Quote from: RB on August 02, 2021, 09:47:06 PM
That does indeed look nice!!!

eBay listing images for posterity, left off prior posts.

MMikeJBenN27

It is a beauty, but I hope you know that the ringer is a frequency ringer, and probably won't ring well, if at all, on a private line.

Mike

TelePlay

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on August 02, 2021, 11:26:58 PM
. . . I hope you know that the ringer is a frequency ringer, and probably won't ring well, if at all, on a private line.

The technical topic for this phone, which has a 25Hz frequency ringer, is in this topic.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=25425.msg250140#msg250140

This topic is about its current listing on eBay.