News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Imperial Princesses

Started by compubit, March 15, 2022, 08:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

I just received a fairly hard to find Princess: 712BW Imperial.

I picked it up on eBay from Jim Engle (aka ATCA) and I couldn't be happier!

I paid $85 + $12.45 for shipping as a Buy It Now - I could see the price going higher and it fits perfectly with its Imperial brethren (or should it be sistren? After all, they are Princesses...)

The 702 and 2702 haven't held their shine as well as the 1702 and 712...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Doug Rose

Very impressive Jim. A beautiful set to be proud of...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Very nice collection Jim. I rarely see them for sale.
Gary

Nice collection, I am picturing them in a big room with gold wallpaper.

compubit

After I got my first two (702 & 2702), I didn't expect to see a 1702 (unobtainium) - but then a few weeks later - there it was on eBay, as a Buy It Now, and decently priced. Grabbed it and thought I was done. 

But alas, the 712 popped up, so now need to look for other Imperial variants...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

You should connect up all the dial lights, even if you dont connect the phones to anything.

paul-f

Jim,

Here's a photo including another one to watch for -- a 1712 found years ago. It's been on my site for quite a while, and was a very lucky find. Hope you find one, too.

http://www.paul-f.com/wePrincess.html#Imperial
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Nice phone Paul.
They almost look like the cases are clear with the gold or silver paint on the inside.

compubit

My 1702 has the least appearance of use of my 4 - though the 712 isn't far behind.

I'm guessing the 1702 was exchanged for a 2702 early on and sat ina corner somewhere...

Jim

SUnset2

Now you need to collect each of them with the black handset.

MMikeJBenN27

Pretty nice collection!

Mike

Jim Stettler

Quote from: SUnset2 on March 23, 2022, 01:03:39 AM
Now you need to collect each of them with the black handset.

I have seen them with a gold matching handset.
But I guess those wouldn't be an Imperial
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.