News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

for flower power children (GPO 706)

Started by gpo706, November 03, 2010, 09:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Suddenly an explanation as to where all those old "wraps" eminated from, like the "plaid" set I posted before:

"In the 70's and 80's some of the phones were getting a bit grubby so Saltex manufactured a cheap plastic cover to fit over the standard 706 case, not every bodies choice but if you want to be different from every one else it may take your fancy, I have been reparing phones for years and had never seen one. The case is just losely  fitting and tack glued in place over the original case."

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRO-VINTAGE-GPO-BT-KITSH-CONVERTED-706-TELEPHONE-/110605655087?pt=UK_Collectables_RadioTelevision_Telephony_SM&hash=item19c09c5c2f
( dead link 03-23-21 )
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

KeithB

Well, that one certainly appears a bit more pleasant than the plaid version.  ;D

bingster

It's not my cup of tea, but it's attractive in it's own little way.  It reminds me of the aftermarket "color change" covers they sold for the 302.
= DARRIN =

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bingster on November 03, 2010, 11:45:37 PM
It's not my cup of tea, but it's attractive in it's own little way.  It reminds me of the aftermarket "color change" covers they sold for the 302.

I have seen a heavy brass cover for a 500 set. . The handset cover was the same style as the thin silverplated ones.
The original dial and caps showed, it was interesting, but I didn't buy it. This was at a phone show.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.