ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Gilas

AE40FAN

LarryInMichigan

Thank everyone for all of the congrats.  The phone is mostly cleaned now, so it mostly needs polishing and reassembly (and a line cord).  If anyone has a spare aqua cord, please contact me.  I really wish that I had bought the one I saw several weeks ago on ebay for $4.  I had a feeling that it would have eventually come in handy, but I didn't buy it.

The plastic has very little, if any, discoloration, except for a light brown spot from the outgassing of the rubber ringer mount as hes been discussed here before.

Larry

JorgeAmely

Jorge

LarryInMichigan

LarryInMichigan

I (mostly) finished the reassembly and took the phone out to the front porch for some quick pictures.  A white modular line cord is filling the place for an aqua cord until I get one.  The base which came with the phone was somewhat rusty, and the suede on the feet was torn, so I replaced it with a spare base dated 3/55 which is in excellent condition.  The finger wheel has a number of cracks and chips, so I will have to find a replacement for it also.

Larry

DavePEI

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on August 29, 2012, 06:46:11 PM
I (mostly) finished the reassembly and took the phone out to the front porch for some quick pictures.

Nice work, Larry. It looks beautiful!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dennis Markham

The phone looks great Larry.  Nice job!  You might consider sending the base to Dennis Halworth to have the feet recovered.  He does a great job with those.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Larry is developing a good taste for non black phones.  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

LarryInMichigan

The suede on the feet on the replacement base is in excellent shape.  I figured that replacing the 11/55 base with a 3/55 base wouldn't diminish the value of the phone any since the date on the first base didn't match the plastic anyway.

I was a bit worried about the cord when I bought the phone because parts of it had been twisted pretty severely, but it appears than no permanent damage was done.

This is certainly one of my favorite colors together with yellow and turquoise.

Larry

Jester

Outstanding job!  I know who I'm sending my cleanups to! ;)
Stephen

McHeath

And for only 26 bucks!  I'm impressed, nice work all around.

AE40FAN

Looks great...Makes up for the loss on the brown phone!