"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Made for The Hull Corporation by AEI

Started by JubileeCompact, April 10, 2013, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JubileeCompact

Hey Guys
Won this AEI "Horse shoe" today. It was made for the Hull Corporation Telephone Dept in the 60s- Hull has never had a GPO/BT owned phone system.........
Seamus.
Seamus

twocvbloke

Cool, Hull telephones are one of those things I've thought about buying, recently I thought about buying the Hull version of the BT Viscount, called the Kingline I think, but noticed I didn't have the money to... :D

It is funny that the GPO or BT had not managed to muscle their way into Kingston Upon Thames, the one telephone system (before the cable co's appeared) that managed to avoid being snapped up and merged into the national phone network... :D

JubileeCompact

A link to the auction- I would have prefered to pay less, but Ive never actually seen another one. Hopefully it will turn out ok after some TLC........
http://tinyurl.com/cjw4xqz
Seamus

JubileeCompact

A friend who is from Hull sent me this pic- its dated 1966- the Diamond Anniversary of the HTD....
Oh by the way 2CV its Kingston Upon Hull- The Upon Thames is a different place further down this way ;)
Also one of their odd K6s
Seamus

twocvbloke

Quote from: JubileeCompact on April 11, 2013, 03:06:22 AMOh by the way 2CV its Kingston Upon Hull- The Upon Thames is a different place further down this way ;)

It's all the same to a northerner, cos it's all down south and out of the way... :D