News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Casper The Friendly Ghost On My Windshield

Started by 19and41, January 28, 2020, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Many's the time I've passed stranded Chevies on the highway.  Sitting...  like a rock.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

I've never been stranded, just the opposite for me, seen many a Ford on the hook.
I've driven Chevy since I was 16, didn't have a licence, but a big driveway to practice on.
My dad had for as but they were always breaking down. So he went back to GM
KEN

compubit

I've driven Fords since I was 19 (had a Chevy Chevette - school bus yellow, manual, AM radio [only extra was A/C] - in high school that took anything we threw at it...): '85 Tempo, '90 Ranger, '96 Ranger, '02 Escape, '09 Escape, '17 Escape.

Each car well over 100k miles when trading it in. The only ones to give me fits were the Tempo (bought used) and the transmission (among other parts) all decided to die at once, and the second Ranger decided to blow a bunch of hoses at the same time under the hood (and generally stop running) on the same day my Grandmother had her heart attack (I took it as a sign).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

19and41

I've driven them since having an '86 Toronado.  That thing was a bucket of things to go bad and none were cheap.  My next car was a '73 Ranchero GT.  That truck ran like a champ til a lady t boned me running a stop sign at speed.  Her front end was pushed back to the firewall and she lost some teeth eating the steering wheel.  I got a dent just behind the drivers side door.  It was still driveable, but I wanted to get another car as opposed to repairing the GT myself.  The other driver had progressive insurance and they paid jack squat.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

I have to say a toronato was a lousy car. And ugly to boot. Pontiac, old mobiles, and some bucks were lousy in later years, Pontiac olds are gone.
KEN

19and41

Every GM brand had their clinkers. The Monza, Vega, Citation and Corvair come to mind.  No make is without their embarrassments.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Quote from: 19and41 on May 23, 2020, 02:16:49 PM
Every GM brand had their clinkers. The Monza, Vega, Citation and Corvair come to mind.  No make is without their embarrassments.
when I was in high school, my friend had a white Corvair Rag top. It was a sharp looking and ran great. It has some power. It wasn't the mini Vette as it was advertised, but in no way an embarrassment.  I wish I had one today....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

My "new" car is a 2010 Explorer limited.  It has a leather interior, seats 6 with power folding rear seats, navigation system with sync and about every other option they could put into it.  It has bluetooth that turns on my phone's music player and handsfree calling and answering.  It has front and rear A/C with overhead ducting for the back seats and a power moon roof.
— Arthur C. Clarke