News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For Sale on eBay; Black ‘54 WE 500

Started by wecoguy, January 16, 2023, 10:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wecoguy

Is this your birthday phone?  Black WECo500 C/D with ALL parts (with the exception of the line cord) dating to July 1954.  No cracks or chips on case, six hole receiver cap on G1 handset,original handset cord has not kinks or twists. No rust on base.  Leather feet in excellent condition.

paul-f

Welcome back Russ!

Please post some photos when you get a chance.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Yes, we need pictures! Welcome back, it's been a minute. Actually been over 12 years!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Russ, I am happy to see you are active in the Forum.
Jorge

wecoguy

Opened up phone yesterday and took pictures. Some dates are 7/9/54.  Found that Network is dated 6/54.  Price of phone is $75 including shipping.

wecoguy

Pictures attached.  Network is dated 6/54.

Contempra

It's weird that NE has never, or almost never, stamped the date on their shell (housing I don't know), the caps and inside the handset! For WE phones, no problem, the dates are almost always affixed. Of all the ones I have, only one has dates everywhere but it's still frankenphones from different dates as well as lots of stamps..

wecoguy

Anyone interested in this nice 65 year gem?  Make an offer.  Russ 

wecoguy

Thanks for looking.  This phone is now listed on eBay.  Thanks to all who commented.  Jorge, it was good to hear from you.  This is, literally, the last of my collection.  At age 90, I realize that I will not be taking it with me when "my number is called" and I want another collector to enjoy it.  I did reconnect the bell this afternoon so it now emits that old familiar clang of the brass bells.  Russ

oldguy

Gary