News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Etsy packing

Started by Sargeguy, October 30, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I bought a lot of 4 N.E.T. & T line insulators on Etsy.  They arrived beautifully packaged, with a lovely lavender scented note card:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Slal

Looks nice.  That Amazon could do so well.  Last item I bought from them was chucked into the shipping box upside down with just a couple of inflatable baggies to keep it from shifting around.

Guess the guy packing it didn't see "This Side Up" on manufacturer's box.

Insulators for a project or knickknacks?

--Bruce

Sargeguy

These were used to separate the tip and ring wires inside a residence or business back in the olden days before there was insulated wire.  I plan to use them with my N.E.T.&T marked wooden phones eventually.  I also have a more sophisticated Southern Mass Tel. Co. version
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Slal

In the 80's worked as electrician's apprentice to help put myself through school.  Once had to replace all the old knob & tube wiring in a beautiful house built in 1929.  Should've kept those insulators. 

Fast forward 30 years.  Not phone company insulators of course, but they'd look nice carrying 22-4 wire to a different part of own house.  "If I'd only known.." ; )

Woodwork on some of the early phones remarkable BTW.  Will be a tough 'find of the month' vote for October.

Anyway, best wishes on yours!

--Bruce