News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Its a great day for me

Started by foots, May 19, 2009, 03:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

Upon arriving home from work I see not 1 but 2 boxes from the Post Office on my table. I opened the first one, and its my 1978 white Stomberg Carlson phone that I won for just under six bucks. It has some discoloration and nice scratches on both the handset and case which is perfect because I now have a phone I can practice/experiment on without worry.
On to box number 2. Its my Signal Corps phone I have been waiting very anxiously for. Man this phone is cool looking. Its also very heavy. I love it!!!
The bad: both caps are somewhat rough but I'll see what I can do about that. It has a really thick coiled handset cord that is unfortunately damaged where it exits the handset but again, I'll see what can be done about that also.
Do any of you know anything about Conn. Tel. & Elec. Corp.  because  I sure don't.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

foots

Is anybody familiar with this phone? The rear of the case reads -
             Signal Corps US Army
             Telephone TP-6-A
             Order No. 6509 Phila. 51-03
             Conn. Tel. & Elec. Corps
The handset is plastic (odd) and the reciever element isn't hardwired like on most phones. Anyway here are some Ebay pics 'till I can get the camera again.           

bingster

My knowledge of Connecticut Telephone is sketchy, so maybe somebody else can fill in some information.  I do know it was a very old maker of mainly office intercommunicating telephones and apartment intercom systems.  They filed for chapter 11 in 1957, but I don't know what happened to them after that.
= DARRIN =

Steve

Well, good on ya Foots! just dont drop that on your foots :)

I love the packages waiting I come home too. reminds me of Christmas morning when I was a kid.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

rp2813

I wonder if Connecticut Telephone became part or all of Southern New England Telephone (SNET) which was gobbled up by SBC when Chairman Ed Whitacre was foaming at the mouth with acquisition fever.  SNET is part of AT&T now, since ol' Ed wouldn't rest until he had pieced Ma Bell back together and bought the AT&T brand in the process.
Ralph

foots

I contacted an Ebay store that sells these (high priced) to inquire about parts. The guy told me that the guts use many parts that are the same as and will interchange with the WE 302.  ???  I'll have to have a good look inside of my phone and see what's what.

Just found this http://myinsulators.com/commokid/telephones/contemporary.htm