News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Funny phone stories.

Started by AET, May 24, 2009, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I thought it would be fun to share some good/funny stories about the telephones in our lives. 

I had a good one the other day, I was out auto-parts running for my Dad.  He was in the basement, and I called.  The nearest phone is in my room.  Well, you guys have seen my telephone display before and only one of those phones is wired up for use.  He told me that he went through 5 or 6 telephones before he finally found the right one! 
- Tom

Ellen

Pretty good, Tom!  You could set up more traps like that.

Dan/Panther

Tom;
Connect them all up so they ring, but only one can be talked on.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Hahaha, that would be great!  I wanted to rig all of them up, just because I think it would sound awesome.  My dad said I can only hook one up, but I talked him into two  ;D
- Tom

Dan

I got two princesses, two 554's and a 500 all hooked up throughout the house (and one turned low volumed  chirper cordless) . You could probably get six to ring in your room off splitters and splitting the splitters...Anymore and the ringers weaken. 302's and AE40's seem to use even more "juice" on my landline connection. My kids will always remember home as a bell cathedral when they move away to "chirping phone apartments." (although I figure I'll give them all @ least one bell phone to remind them what a real phone sounds like).

I get a kick out of teaching my young nephews how to "dial a rotary". They like to stick their fingers in the holes and think that's how it works.

I also have a pop machine in the basement and you should see how much fun they have "poping" open a bottled pop (soda as you easterners call it).

Then theres the pinball machines.....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Tonyrotary

LOL Tom :D

Dan, where are you from? Living in Hawaii I don't here or see pop used instead of soda. But where I grew up in Chicago, pop was used all the time. I still refer to soda as pop when I visit there.

Dennis Markham

It's "pop" here in Michigan too.  When  I was a kid living in Alabama they called everything "Coke".  Being that I was from Michigan they laughed when I called soft drinks "pop".  I knew kids that would say, "I'll have an Orange Coke" or "Grape Coke" or whatever flavor they wanted.  I don't know if that's still the case there.  I guess this has become off topic.............

Ellen

In Boston they call it "tonic"!

Grace is from N'Orleans and she calls the red-can stuff "Cocola".

foots

Hey Ellen, don't you mean Grace is from N'awlins?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Hilarious sit-com style moment there AtomicEraTom!  Too bad you did not video that. 

Dan

I'm from the Cincinnati area, we all call it pop in the Midwest. I have been down south when I have heard them ask 'what kind of coke do you want" in a restaurant. I usually pick a Pepsi product :)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Here in So. Cal., we call it soft drink, or soda. When offering, usually it's; "would you like something to drink ?", and then tell them what you have.
I worked at Taco Bell years ago, and we served Pepsi, if people came up and asked for a meal and Coke, we were instructed to say; "Will Pepsi be alright."
D/P

AET

I wish I would have, too bad I was the one calling him from the shop!  And it's even funnier because he's such a big guy.  He's a body builder, and picturing him being thwarted by a bunch of old telephones just cracks me up.

I switch back and forth between soda and pop, but my Uncle and Cousin from Waukesha were here this weekend, and he said he wanted a pop, and my cousin goes " A Pop? " I'm just thinking to myself "Do you live under a rock?"

Quote from: McHeath on May 25, 2009, 12:33:06 PM
Hilarious sit-com style moment there AtomicEraTom!  Too bad you did not video that. 
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
I know what you mean about living under a rock, but what about the guy that you know darn well they understood what you meant, but still say; "what are you talking about ?"

Example, if someone says; the Voice part or microphone of my phone is missing, I know they mean the transmitter, but some asses will say; "What, I don't know what you are talking about", they just make themselves look stupid, and &&&& me off.

D/P

AET

I dated a girl like this.  She was a pretty smart girl one on one, but when she was around a bunch of people she felt she had to put on the "dumb blonde" routine.  It was to a ridiculous level.  One time my brother asked her 'do you live under a rock?' and completely offended she goes 'NO!  I live in a house! It's right across the street from yours!"
- Tom