4 (14.8%)
WEBellSystemChristian's 'project' 1937 302 that He found on eBay for $45 BIN
2 (7.4%)
ramegoom's Kellogg 900 Masterphone desk set with Kellogg Magneto subset for $50
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) and other information of importance about the find.
6) one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:
          --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Doug Rose

I saw this yesterday on eBay, right place....right time.  $65 $15 Shipping. I love manual sets...I can't wait to hold it!!!....Doug

Kidphone

Gary Millam

Wow! Great find Doug. Congrats on being in the right place at the right time. That is a beauty and at a fantastic price.

Gary

Doug Rose

Thanks Gary.....always available for a visit. Has it really been 20 years since I last saw you in my old home in Brockton?...time do fly...later my friend....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate dsk's very unique and possibly quite rare WE 396A, a phone said to have been made in the US but only for export to the UK, that he got for $63. This phone brings a whole new meaning to "a lot of parts in the dial."

A discussion of the phone is found in this topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19007.0

AE_Collector

There must be a few more finds out there somewhere! I was going to nominate that Mahogany AE 31 (I think) that went for $75 BIN but we don't know who "found it" except that I do know that I didn't.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19104.0

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, how about "Find of the Month Amnesty Days"?

IE: Post any Finds you had in the last couple of years but didn't put in the Find of the Month contest then for whatever reason. This month you can submit old Finds as long as you have most of the required info about the Find.

We want to see some Finds and will bend the rules to get our way!

Terry

TelePlay

I'd like to nominate Smitty's two 1941 apparently NOS 211s with original boxes, mounting brackets and cloth handset cords that he found and bought at an estate sale for $35 total. Being a relatively new member to the forum, just helping Smitty get this nomination in before the dreaded Halloween deadline.

A discussion of the phone is found in this topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19135.0

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my 'project' 1937 302 that I found on eBay for $45 BiN.

It's an October '17 find--I ain't bending the rules! ;D :o

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19078.0

If we get more finds in the next couple days, we should have an "Amnesty Days" FOTM Special this January. I have a few possible nominations for that... 8)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

ramegoom

I discovered this on a local "For Sale" internet site on Facebook from within my neighborhood. Went to at a farm in Ft. Collins, Colorado, so it's a genuine barn find. Seller was asking $75, and I argued that it didn't have a dial, so I got it for $50. He jumped at that, and I thought, maybe I should have offered less...oh well. Apparently the great-grandfather of the seller actually used it back in the day, living in California. So I cleaned it up, oiled the magneto, replaced the handset cord that was frayed, and here is the find that I plan to set it up on my first induction into the phone arena, a 551A switchboard. Apparently, it can be used as a trunk line - can't wait to examine that possibility since I have no outside lines to the board.

Discussion of this phone is found in this topic:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19137.0

AE_Collector

Time to vote for the October 2017 Find of the Month. We've only got five contestants this month so let's try this with just a single vote per person this month.

Terry

AE_Collector

And just like that, the October 2017 Find of the Month is done.

It was a very close completion that could have gone either way this month. Doug Rose's Manual WECo 302 and dsk's WE 396A were VERY close and in the end Doug's 302 won out but just by a single vote. Congratulations to Doug for his terrific find and certainly a special mention to Dag for his find this month as well.

Thanks to everyone who competed in the contest as well as to everyone who voted.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:  --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:  --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Doug Rose

thanks guys....don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I voted for Dag's phone  :D....Doug
Kidphone