News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

one small question

Started by Kenny C, March 15, 2010, 06:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I might be getting a 302 and if I wire it straight into my jack will it ring and dial and all that
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on March 15, 2010, 06:20:41 PM
I might be getting a 302 and if I wire it straight into my jack will it ring and dial and all that

Yes, I suggest buying a surface mount wall jack and wiring it to the line cord. That way you can use a mod cord "jumper" to connect the phone.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

ok it needs an new cord what would look good on it I am thinking brown cloth
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Brown cloth would be the best, A black rubber cord is also acceptable. If It doesn't currently have a line cord, you could use a cloth jacketed mod cord and use a mod jack inside the phone. This is a cheap way to get "the look".
Jim
You live, You learn,

bingster

The line cord should match the handset cord, if you're worried about looks.  If you have a cloth handset cord, you should have a cloth mounting cord.  If you have a black rubber handset cord, then your mounting cord should be black, too.  It's really not that big a deal though.  Technically it will work just fine with some lamp cord. ;)
= DARRIN =

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bingster on March 15, 2010, 07:20:36 PM
The line cord should match the handset cord, if you're worried about looks.  If you have a cloth handset cord, you should have a cloth mounting cord.  If you have a black rubber handset cord, then your mounting cord should be black, too.  It's really not that big a deal though.  Technically it will work just fine with some lamp cord. ;)

Bingster has the more accurate answer. The overall look should be the same.

Jim
You live, You learn,

Craig T

I have one of each right now and I prefer the brown cloth cords too.