News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A little known fact.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 30, 2010, 12:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I have stumbled upon an interesting fact. The forum is being supported solely at the expense of Dennis, at some time in the future we may need to have more bandwidth, this will cost Dennis more in addition to the annual fees he already pays. maybe when the times comes we could all chip in as little as a couple bucks to help with the cost of the site.
I hope this does not offend Dennis in any way, as I don't think he even knows this fact is know to other than himself. regardless he should not have to shoulder the burden by himself.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, I appreciate the concern but the cost has not been prohibitive.  If it ever gets to the point that I need to pass the hat I'll make an announcement.  It's not that expensive and is part of the enjoyment I get from collecting telephones.

foots

Dennis, don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to chip in.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: foots on March 30, 2010, 03:27:48 AM
  Dennis, don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to chip in.

I have always been willing to kick in $ for the forum.
My ATCA and TCI dues are about $35.00 a year each. This forum is a lot funner, as far as I am concerned.

On a related note there are other phone sites that I use a lot and  I wouldn't mind donating $ to help offset cost.

Among them are PAul F.'s site and Remco's document site.

Maybe these sites should add donation buttons. If the donations get to high then maybe the excess $ can be used for a show.
Another use of the excess funds could be to purchase more "paper" for archiving.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dennis Markham

A great point Jim (about other sites).  I was in no way soliciting funds to keep this Forum afloat.  I know Dan posted this topic in all sincerity but I really wish he had not.

I visit Paul's site, the Bell Memorial site and many, many others.  Someone is funding those sites to keep them going for my pleasure/use.  They do that because that's what they enjoy doing.

Dan/Panther

Paul;
I have a couple quick items I would like clarified if you can.
In the first photo, what is the locked screw used for / Is it an adjustment, or to hold internal parts in place ? I would assume all components were attached to the Black cover.

In the second and third photos, the number 125 appears on two separate components and you can see 124 on the ringer. What do these designate? I thought component numbers but two different components with the same number ?
there doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to the 3 digit numbers or the D177 numbers ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson