News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How to disassemble my Stromberg Carlson Candlestick Telephone

Started by jjflory, January 05, 2020, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjflory

All, I have and SC Candlestick like the one in the picture.  I had it bead blasted to nickle and powder coat. I am having trouble disassembling the phone. 

The base that will be powder coated and the small brass that needs to be nickled will not come apart. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

rdelius

There is a notched ring in the base which has to be unscrewed from the stem. There is a pin through the "ball" on top that has to be driven out. The "cone" underneath will then unscrew .Another pin through the stem can then be removed freeing up the hookswitch.
I do not recommend trying this unless you be sure not to disturb the pusher on the end of the hookswitch rod.The ring at the stem base also must be put back where it was.

jjflory

Thanks for the reply.  Do you use a light hammer and screw driver to get the notched ring to loosen?  If not please explain how.

Jeff

rdelius

I would use a punch and a small hammer.Used penetrating oil also.

jjflory

Pourme

~

I realize this is a old thread, I'm wondering, did you finish the restoration of this stick? I just bought one like it and would like to see a pic and hear what comments you have about it, if you have it completed.

Thanks,
Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

RB

Here are a few re assembly pics that may help