News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mason MI Show Report- Pics in thread

Started by c64man, April 05, 2014, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

The Mason Show was a ton of fun.   My son, my gf and I arrived yesterday for the meet and greet.  Everyone was so great to me and my son,  it felt like we were being welcomed into one big family.    Everyone was so generous,  My son ended up with a ton of new equipment to add to his collection.  Including enough for a good start on building our step switch.    My gf bought some cool phones for herself and her son.   Turns out her fav is the contempra series and princess telephones.  Along with some early Stromberg Carlson stuff.    Either way we filled 3 totes full of stuff.  Got a payphone as well.    Met up with Keith in Millington,  turns out he is related to a good friend of mine in montrose.  Saw his switching gear and he hooked my son up with some goodies to play with as well.   All in all it was a good show.  And my son has been smiling all day,  saying how it was the best day ever and how much he loves phones and is very thankful for everything he got :).  More pics to come as we unload the truck and unpack the tubs.    Once again thanks to everyone who put on this show 

Here is the pics in a Flickr Set

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67970316@N08/sets/72157643489059204/

Dennis Markham

Steve, I also enjoyed myself at the show yesterday.  It was nice to meet you, your girlfriend and Timmy.  I know he was having a great time showing off his Commodore computer.

I'd like to thank Ray Kotke and Gene Doom for once again hosting the show.  As always it was nice to talk with Ray and others that were in attendance.  I spoke with Craig Stanowski (from Canada), Pete Blanchard, John Novack, Pat Neighbors, Grant Housley (from Canada) and others whose names I do not know, but faces I have seen before.  It's always fun to put names with the faces we see here and on the other list serves.  There were some beautiful phones there too.  Pete brought an Ivory Kellogg "Red Bar", a Red AE50 that he is refurbishing as well as a couple AE40's in color.  Lots of nice stuff to see and friendly folks for conversation.

I was able to get rid of a few items from my dungeon but did drag a few back home with me.  I did purchase an early Kellogg MK-500 from Ray Kotke.  The MK (Manual Kellogg) is the non-dial version of the DK (Dial Kellogg) 500, commonly referred to as the Banjo phone.  Shown in this photo is the dial version I bought from Ray back in 2008 and the manual model I purchased yesterday.  There are a few scratches, but over all it's in great shape with dates from 1954.

Mr. Bones

Very nice telephones, Dennis!

I love my Kelloggs, and Kellogg / ITT's. These are models I haven't seen before, probably meaning I need to find (yet) another phone, lol! :o ;D ;)

With my very best regards, to you, and yours!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Phonesrfun

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Looks like Timmy really had a great day.

-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Very nice phone pickups, Dennis.

I agree, it seems like you guys had a blast there, I sure do at the shows.

Ben

xhausted110

Timmy seemed to really be into Keith's toll board and switchboard! Now I bet he wants one!
- Evan

c64man

Quote from: xhausted110 on April 07, 2014, 04:08:13 PM
Timmy seemed to really be into Keith's toll board and switchboard! Now I bet he wants one!

Oh yes,  I am starting the search now so Santa can make sure one is under the tree,  although it would be a bit big to hide :)