"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

PBX question

Started by Whitcrane76, April 06, 2019, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

payphone2830

Hi Whitcrane76,

I'm somewhat familiar with the Partner system but I'm more of a Merlin phone system guy. I can help you to set up the Partner system. Do you have any of the system phones that come with the Partner system? As you would need a system phone to do the programming. You can do all kinds of cool things by putting a PBX (phone system) in front of a 1A2 key system.

Also I might have a 401 manual intercom card for the 1A2 system laying around if you are interested.

Brian

Whitcrane76

Still working on gathering, but when I get everything together I'll appreciate all the help I can get.
Will this phone work for programming?

Whitcrane76

Or this one if not?

Western Bell

No.

System Telephones

This guide refers to Lucent Technologies telephones specifically designed to work with the system as system phones. These include the PARTNER-34D, PARTNER-18D, PARTNER-18, and PARTNER-6 telephones. You can also use MLS-34D, MLS-18D, MLS-12D, MLS-12, MLS-6, MLC-6, and the TransTalk© 9000-series wireless phones, including MDW 9000, MDW 9010, MDW 9030P and MDW 9031P. Pocketphone, although they are not discussed in this guide. For information about an MLS-model, MLC-model, or TransTalk 9000-series phone, refer to the documentation that came with the phone.

System phones have several buttons in common: volume control buttons and the [Feature], [Conf], [Transf], [Hold], [Mic/HFAI] and [Speaker] buttons. In addition, each phone has programmable buttons that can be used for outside lines, pools, extension numbers, outside phone numbers, or system features. Outside lines and pools, as well as some system features, require buttons with status lights. Programmable buttons without lines or pools assigned to them can be programmed with numbers or features, so you can use the feature or dial the number with one touch. The number in each PARTNER-model name indicates the number of programmable buttons with status lights and two [Intercom] buttons.

If the PARTNER-model phone has a display, indicated by a "D" in the model name, users receive messages and prompts when making calls and when programming. (More information about the display is provided in Chapter 5.) A system display phone is required for system programming.

Programming Overlays

System Programming requires a Programming Overlay placed over the dialpad of the system display phone at extension 10 or 11. (Overlays are provided with the system documentation. Replacements can be ordered from the Lucent Technologies BCS Publications Center. See "Reference Materials" under "Product Ordering Information" on page B-4.) Figure 2-3 on page 2-22 illustrates the Programming Overlays for the PARTNER-34D and PARTNER-18D phones.

During System Programming, the normal functions of several buttons on the display phone at extension 10 or 11 change. For example, the left [Intercom] button becomes [System Program] and the right [Intercom] button becomes [Central Tel Program]. The Programming Overlay identifies these buttons.

Whitcrane76

The hunt continues!
Thanks.

Whitcrane76

Alright, still looking for the digital phone to program the partner, but I had a few more donations to the cause. Any fun to be had with any of this? The last 2 are just thrown in because I got them at the same time.

Key2871

Well a couple of the last, one looks like a power unit for a key system, and the last is a 551C KSU, useful for use with 1A2 key phones, and could be used with something such as a panasonic, or other pbx switch. That tie I've never worked with those, so I can't give you much help. But again I remember that as  EKTU, or electronic key unit. What I have used is a Mitel SX5, that is a pbx you could use regular phones call other stations, select ring cadence. It was fun to play with. Those were earlier pbx units, and they were real easy to play with.
KEN

payphone2830

Sine you need to wire up the 1A2, below is a  great color coded pin out chart for the 66 block that this guy made.  This will help you to get a better understating on how the 1A2 works and how to wire it up correctly.

66 block / 2564 phone pin-out
http://seriss.com/people/erco/1a2/66-block-2564-pinout.html

More pin outs.
http://seriss.com/people/erco/1a2/

Did your system come with a 118a frequency (ring) generator? Depending how many phones you want to hook up, you may need a 118a frequency (ring) generator. This unit will make your phones ring. If you don't have one you may be able to get by with one or two phones ringing. More then that the phones will not ring or may not ring at all if you are using VOIP line. Evan with the 1A2 behind a PBX more then few phones may not ring as the PBX may not have enough ring voltage.

The 118a frequency (ring) generators can be rare to find and pricey so the good news is you can use buzzers instead of ringers. Personally I like the sound of the buzzers instead of the ring but some true 1A2 fans like the sound of the ring.