News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone number cards

Started by BDM, February 21, 2009, 06:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

I have seen pictures before of number cards that are colored to match the phone. Craig T recently posted one over in the thread about baking handset cords. Is there a way to get or make colored cards?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Craig T

First of all, there are those ones I gave you a link to. Then the best thing to do is get some editing software (I got some free one download.com). With that you can easily change the color of the disc to whatever shade you want.

I will PM you right now with the name of the program I use.

Netdewt

If you guys have questions about digital images or printing, I can probably help. I am a professional retoucher/photographer.

What kind of paper are you using?

Which cards would be most correct for a 1962 WE?
http://www.telephonearchive.com/numbercards/

Craig T

Hey there, I am using HP Premium paper and a photo printer. I will probably send you a question or two next time I run off some cards. I am always looking for improved results.

Netdewt

I can use multiple images to make custom cards that still have the vintage feel. I can do some for you guys if you want. Maybe charge a small fee?

I made one with the name of my neighborhood:

Doug Rose

If you can make them like the picture with the perforated edges, I'd be your first customer. That card is really fantastic, especially the two toned ink. I would believe its real......Doug
Kidphone

Netdewt

If you guys could get me a diameter of the original cards, I will print this one today and test it out on my 554 (assuming I can get the ring off).

One possible issue is that there is not a huge stock of high-res cards in the Telephone Archive. They are hit and miss, and since some of the printing is different between them, there is a possibility that I would not be able to find a letter we're looking for. I have emailed the administrator of that site about the missing high res cards, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Craig T

I would be interested also if you made them with that same card stock. Very nice! As far as original diameter.

Most of my dial card rings have a 1 1/2" diameter. So 1 7/16" would give a little room to get it in there.

Netdewt

I could print them on a nice thick rag paper. They'd look really nice on that. There is a limit to how thick paper can be that goes through the printer.

The perforations would not actually be there, but they would be printed on the paper with everything else.

Craig T

I can't wait to see one. How about these? These are the type I use most. The rag paper sounds like a great fit too.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2080.30

Netdewt

Quote from: Craig T on March 04, 2010, 04:39:27 PM
I can't wait to see one. How about these? These are the type I use most. The rag paper sounds like a great fit too.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2080.30

What about them?

Craig T

Let us know how yours turn out and how much to run a sheet, I'm interested.

foots

I'm interested in this too.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Netdewt

Crappy picture, but I hope you get the idea:

Dennis Markham

Netdewt, those are very nice cards.  Is the background brown?  On my original cards the background is black.  I don't recall seeing them in brown.