News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

todays WTH WE 302

Started by erik666, March 21, 2013, 03:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

it was going for around $80 and the seller ended the auction and re-listed it. He bought a group of metal phones from me earlier in the year, I hope this isn't one of them, although it is an eye catcher!....Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: baldopeacock on March 25, 2013, 09:15:05 AM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 25, 2013, 08:56:23 AM
Well, I guess that person set a bad example of Minnesotans. Not sure why they have shoes and a leg in the picture??

BEn

I believe that's called "marketing".

Not sure how that is marketing...

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 25, 2013, 08:55:08 PMNot sure how that is marketing...

It's the tools of the trade, show a little leg, a bit of swift side-boob and hey presto, items sell fast... :D

Though it's never worked for me, but then I don't think people like hairy legs like mine.... ;D

ItalianAce

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Neon-Pink-High-Heels-Rock-Republic-and-a-Hot-Pink-vintage-302-telephone-/181112874204?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2a2b2b24dc

Check this Pre-WWII 302 out. An award to this guy for coming up with such an idea. He painted it Hot Neon Pink to match a . Check it out lol. You even get the Pink High Heel Shoes with it he based the paint color off of lolol.

AE_Collector

You are too late ItalianAce! You have to get up pretty early to beat the CRPF to a story on ebaY. Doesn't look to be the same auction but it could be the same phone.

More importantly though, is it the same legs and same shoes!

Terry

JohnInWI

The color scheme reminded me of Good & Plenty candy.

southernphoneman

Quote from: JohnInWI on April 01, 2013, 04:21:44 PM
that picture mankes me hungry ;D

erik666

ItalianAce

Itll make a nice phone for a little girls room (serious). Like if someone has a 8 year old girl thats into barbies and princess stuff as their room decoration...this phone would look nice on her deskstand for show. Also someone going for that 80s retro look on a 1940s phone thing; like having it sit next to your vintage film poster of "Howard The Duck" lol. I think the price is high though for a 302 (but thats just me).

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 25, 2013, 08:52:37 PM
it was going for around $80 and the seller ended the auction and re-listed it. He bought a group of metal phones from me earlier in the year, I hope this isn't one of them, although it is an eye catcher!....Doug

...relisted with a BIN of $325! The scary part is if it sells for that price, then it validates the concept and encourages people to make more...

twocvbloke

Quote from: JohnInWI on April 01, 2013, 04:21:44 PM

Liquorice torpedoes, bleugh!!!!! :o

ItalianAce

I must admit I dont hate it. The idea is there and original especially for someone wanting a pre-war metal 302 but without the black paint. Its not for me of course (well Im a guy so of course not lol). But...I can see it appealing for someone or used a stage prop. However the price is high.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: MagicMo on March 21, 2013, 08:15:19 PM
If you would like a female opinion.....I don't care for the phone but the shoes are killer!!
Mo ;D

lol

HowardPgh

Making a pink phone is better than making it into a lamp.
Howard

Telephonemans Daughter

Quote from: MagicMo on March 21, 2013, 08:15:19 PM
If you would like a female opinion.....I don't care for the phone but the shoes are killer!!
Mo ;D
Ditto on the women's oppinion!  It looks like a child's toy. 

As far as the shoes, they need more rounded toes for me.   ;D
"Hello, Hello, the Telephone Man says Hello."  This was how my dad always greeted you when he called.