News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Early 410

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 31, 2019, 10:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

The flea market wasn't very interesting this morning, so I came home with a $15 WE 410.  The last time I bought a 410, I ended up reselling it at a loss.  This one is older and less expensive, so perhaps I won't lose as much on it.  The dates on this phone mostly appear to be in the 1938-1939 rage.  The dial is a 5H.  The paint on the shell is in poor condition.  It looks like the phone may have been sitting downwind from a sand-blaster at some point because of the way that the paint is worn.

Larry

oldguy

Great phone at a great price, congratulations.
Gary

LarryInMichigan

I created an Ebay auction listing for this phone to start this Thursday evening.  Please feel free to bid early and often :).

Larry

HarrySmith

Got a link to your auction?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

I scheduled it to start Thurs evening and run 10 days so that it will end Sun evening when it seems the largest number of bidders are watching, so I don't have a link yet.

Larry

RB

So whuts the difference between a 410 and a 302? look the same cept for that switch...

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

Ok, Thanks Harry! I actually got one right!!!

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

I have a few of these... all newer than that one. they are all restored, and ready to go, but no one wants them to use... or they stay waiting! I also have 2 NE 410 bases... useless to me.. but I'll hold on to them to see if I can use them. maybe is I get enough parts, I can build a 412 or something like that!
John

LarryInMichigan

I had a later one that I sold on Ebay just about four years ago.  It took a couple of weeks to sell.  I am hoping that this one will attract more interest being as early as it is.

Larry

Babybearjs

being metal, it should. I had a 440 that was metal and it sold through a antique dealer.... never did get my money from the guy! lesson learned!
John

LarryInMichigan

My 410 (ebay link) ended on ebay without any bids.  My first picture probably doesn't make the phone look very good.  I will probably reist it again soon unless someone here wants to make me an offer.  i would like it to be off the floor.

Thank You

Larry

Babybearjs

its always good to just do a set price.... like me, people avoid auctions.
John

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 25, 2019, 06:24:51 PM
its always good to just do a set price.... like me, people avoid auctions.

Always good? Always good for you perhaps.

I rarely ever buy set price telephones unless I can make an offer I am happy with. I am sure I am not alone.

Jack