News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dont buy this car!!!

Started by Kenny C, March 15, 2010, 02:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I do not mean to offend you Chrysler lovers, but I will NEVER EVER buy a Chrysler 300c.I just wished my parents would have listened to that . I hate our Car, it is not as big as it looks. The backseat is way to small, you have to have a ladder to see out of the windows, and the seats stain if you look at them. We had a nice mini-van before that monster rolled into my life August 2007. But no we cant keep a big car. We just had to have the Chrysler. I hate that car and i always will
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Netdewt

Correction, never buy a Chrysler product, period. I mean, they made the minivan... how much worse can it get?

AET

I was looking into getting an AWD 300, or a Magnum SRT8.
- Tom

Kenny C

They put the station wagon out of business
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AET

I'm sure everyone here knows, I'm a big fan of the Station Wagon, my favorite of all cars.
- Tom

foots

Quote from: Netdewt on March 15, 2010, 02:02:36 AM
Correction, never buy a Chrysler product, period. I mean, they made the minivan... how much worse can it get?

Now listen here, never buy a late model Chrysler product. I've owned a '74 Charger and a '76 Coronet and loved both.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

I think you'd be safe with one of the late model Mopars which has the lifetime powertrain warranty.
- Tom

McHeath

We rented a 300 a couple of years ago for vacation and drove it for a week.  It was a nice car and a not so nice car, all rolled into one.  I liked the large and rather old fashioned styling, it had decent power and fair mileage for such a large car, we averaged 23.  (I'm a big mileage guy and always have been, hence my fondness for diesel Rabbits)

It also had plenty of room for the three of us, wife and I and the teenage boy.

On the downside was the almost claustrophobic interior, the low roofline, which gives it the chopped look, and high sills give you very poor visibility.  Couple that with a black interior and it was like being in a cave.  The interior itself was rather pedestrian I thought, not the most interesting or even well designed ergonomically. 

Can't speak to it's reliability or serviceability as I only drove it a week.

We enjoyed it for the week, and it's bright red paint with chrome accents certainly got attention.  But when it came time to buy a new car last year we never even dropped into the local Chrysler dealer.

Dan/Panther

Every Chrysler product I've ever owned was cold blooded and very hard to start. if it didn't pop on the first try, you might as well go back in the house.
That was A Valiant, Volare, and a Tradesman Van all about circa 76 or so. And one other, A 76 Southwinds Motor home on a Chrysler Chassis. All Junk.
I own a Dodge Dakota pickup 96, it's good.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

Ours is a plain jane.No side trim and it is cream witch makes it a headache to clean
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

jsowers

My dad was a Mopar man in the 1950s and 60s owning Plymouths and Dodges until he bought a 66 Ford Country Sedan and then he was a station wagon guy from then on.

Mom's 64 Dodge Dart was one of the most dependable cars we ever owned, with the slant 6 engine and since it was mostly garaged, I guess it didn't suffer from being cold-blooded. But it was an unheated garage separate from the house. Dad finally sold it about 1979, with over 100,000 miles. Before we sold it, I was cleaning out the trunk, which was huge, and I found a campaign poster. "All the Way With LBJ!" :) It had been in there since it was new.

Dad never bought another Mopar, but he drove a 1976 Volare for many years when he was a building inspector that I think turned him off of them. It handled well, but was never very reliable and had obvious defects like the passenger front door rubbed the metal trim on the windshield when you opened it. And there was no tuning knob on the radio (since new) and the hubcaps rusted.

I had always wondered about those short windows in the 300Cs ever since I saw the first one. Kenny, you confirmed exactly what I thought. They remind me of the chopped customs of the 1950s.
Jonathan

Dan

I own a Dodge Minivan, a 300M, and a new 2009 Dodge Challenger. All have been great cars. The Chally has the Mercedes E-class substructure. I have nothing but positive things to say about MOPARS
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Craig T

I bought a Chrysler Concord about 6-8 years back. That was the first car I owned that had no rust on it.  It was not too bad all things considered. Practically the whole bottom half of the car had the gray plastic panels on it. Those held up great against the rust of the UP winters.

bwanna

sorry, kenny :(  a few more years & you can choose your own ride ;)

i have a 2005 dakota over 150k on the mileage. oil changes, brakes & a set of tires. runs like a champ, about 22mpg & pretty comfy.
donna

Kenny C

I am thinking something below 59 with white walls ;D ;D ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010