News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1966 WE 500 in pink arrives

Started by McHeath, April 29, 2009, 08:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

My eyes, MY EYES!!  ;) ;D  The blue is so bright 8)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

AET

LOL, I'd prefer to see no man wear tights if I can avoid it.  Stick to jeans, khakis, or double-knits!  I can picture the Cape haha.  Lookin' like Gene Chandler during his "Duke of Earl" routine.

Quote from: finlover on May 24, 2009, 11:11:08 PM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on May 24, 2009, 09:50:41 PM
Finlover, I think you're my hero.

Trust me, Tom, you do NOT want to see me in tights!!  A cape would be cool though...
- Tom

Dan

Fin lover, I have only done the 20-40 % peroxide on yellowed white ones. (BEAUTIFUL results). How far do you go (how many applications) before you resort to the NOVUS 1 and 2 ?  I was thinking one 4 hour application of 20% on a colored phone. I did a 40% on a moss green and burned the plastic (white swirls). Dennis wants me to repost the burnt picture but someone has borrowed the  digital camera, so I'll post the pic when I get the camera back.

Nice result on the turquoise.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

finlover

4 to 6 hours sounds about right, Dan, and I found the "oxy booster" ingredient unnecessary.  At first I was only using 40%, but it can burn the plastic before it reverses the yellowing in some cases.  So I'm trying 20%.  We'll see...
This stuff also works on yellowed cords to some extent.  Its funny but the results aren't very consistent.  And it doesn't seem to work as well on soft plastic.  Hmmmm ???

finlover

I think I would even dress like the "Boy Wonder" if it would get me closer to that Batphone!

Dan

FIN, I used it on a soft plastic  yellowed white 500 from 1958 and it did work beautifully, but it again was WHITE. I don't think I would try it on a colored tenite , unless I had a perfect one as a back up. 
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Finlover;
How did you first encounter the Peroxide treatment. Are the Aqua phones really that color aqua, or does the peroxide somewhat change the color ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

finlover

No, the treatment doesn't seem to alter the color.  For some reason it works especially well on aqua and white, while pink "burns" more easily.  I tried it on a moss green soft plastic and it didn't do much. 

The white "blushing" can be impossible to remove from the crevices around the cradle.  I'm trying to salvage a pink phone like that right now and it's very frustrating!:P    Still trying to figure it out...