News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got an extra 8k and a big display area available?

Started by Shovelhead, May 16, 2011, 08:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shovelhead

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320700219844

Detroit area members should recognize this sign off the Lodge Freeway.

Any takers? ::)

Ed D

LarryInMichigan

That is just a few miles from here, but I wouldn't want to go there to pick it up.

Larry

Dennis Markham

I think he means it's not a real good neighborhood.  But I could be wrong.  It is kinda cool though.  I don't think it would fit in my dungeon.

Shovelhead

A little sarcasm from me that us metro Detroiters  understand. Used to live in the tri-county area, now in Livingston County.

Imagine you are buying this sign, standing on the sidewalk, watching it being removed.

A person walks up to you and says "Do you want to buy a watch?"

You answer "Why do I want to buy a watch from you?"

The reply: "'"Cause if you  had a watch you would know what time it was. And if you knew what time it was you would know it's no time to be around here!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.................................. ::)

Shovelhead

Quote from: Dennis Markham on May 16, 2011, 10:30:52 PM
I think he means it's not a real good neighborhood.  But I could be wrong.  It is kinda cool though.  I don't think it would fit in my dungeon.

But it would fit in my backyard.......... ;D

trainman

Now, how much is it going to cost to remove the sign, and repair the buildiing if it needs it from where the sign was attached?

Or can I pay 8K to leave the sign there, for ever?

LarryInMichigan

I read that the building is being converted into apartments for homeless people.

Larry

deedubya3800

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of them being homeless? ???

Wallphone

Plus how do you find out if the person selling the sign is the actual owner or is authorized to sell it? You could be in for a surprise once you started to remove it. You know that the sign is not easy to remove because in that neighborhood if it was easy it would have been gone already. There's a one pic eBay auction that shows up every so often of a British phone booth in a park and the picture is taken from 1/4 mile away. You could be in for a surprise on that one too when you went to pick up your winnings.
Doug Pav