News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

thanks Jim S.

Started by Kenny C, July 08, 2010, 11:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I got my packages today and i loved it all. I got A NOS F1 transmitter from 9-46 a touch tone pad, lots of cords, modular plugs, Adaptors for 4 prong plugs, a rose beige ITT 500, a 5302, and some bell system magnets. I loved it all. here are some before and after pictures of my 5302.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

here is a better pic
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

A great haul.  I've been thinking about getting a 5302, yours look like a nice one.

Kenny C

i just had to move a couple of wires and remove a little residue similar to a sticker but alot thicker from the dial bezel and grip. and the rest is brasso. and thanks
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

1954NE500

Would love to see a picture of that rose beige ITT 500-Thanks:-) I'll bet that's one of only a few rose beige ITT 500's in existence. I also very curious what year that rose beige ITT 500 is as well-Thanks:-)

Kenny C

they took the same color from WE it isthe same color i have it in the wall phone version too. as for rare i doubt it i think it was a popular.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Your welcome Kenny. I think the ITT is light beige.
The cords and jacks are for making some test cords. I will PM you later with some confirguration ideas.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on July 09, 2010, 12:26:38 AM
i just had to move a couple of wires and remove a little residue similar to a sticker but alot thicker from the dial bezel and grip. and the rest is brasso. and thanks

The residue was double stick, I think this had the "large" # overlay on the dial.These were an "approved" attatchment and were intended as a help for poor eyesight.

I see that you found a dial center holder already.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

i had a spare or 2 it is now in service on the night stand.

By the way does any one know how long a phone will ring until it cuts you off?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

That's a good question.  How long will a landline ring if you let it go?  Seems endless. 

Dan/Panther

McHeath;
It does seem that at one time it was almost an endless ring, but now I think it may have a ring limit. I don't know anyone without voicemail to test it on. I would guess maybe 30 rings or less.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

i just tested it it rang for 5 minutes 2 seconds wow :o
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010