News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo 507A/507B Cordless PBX - Installation

Started by Nilsog, August 26, 2011, 08:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilsog

I looked through the stuff ITC had for the 507 and I wasn't able to find anything regarding the installation of lines and extensions to the PBX. I was also unsure of whether the PBX ran on power from the CO or if it had its own power supply I needed to get or hook up. There is no power cable connected, nor can I find anywhere to connect one.

I tried hooking a line into one of the trunk connections but nothing happened when I dialed in. I have a 500 I wanted to use as the operators set, but I'm not sure where to hook that in either. I know where the 3 incoming lines go, and the 7 pbx stations go out, but there are several other terminals that I'm unsure of. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a picture of the terminals and their labels.

Ken

paul-f

I believe you need an external power supply.  Check the TCI Library for installation info.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Nilsog

I found the manual I somehow missed, but I'm still having a hard time finding out about the power supply because the manual says there are several different types, but I can't figure out which mine needs-

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I'm still learning. I've learned a lot already just by reading the manual for the PBX, I think if I could get the power supply figured out I might be able to make it work.
Ken

paul-f

Some general power plant info:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=1496&Itemid=2

From BSP Indexes, references for some of the power plants in your post are here:

101A -- 167-410-301
            167-410-301
            167-450-200
            167-450-201

101G -- 167-410-301

101J --  167-419-201
             167-419-202

A quick search didn't produce any on-line copies.  If no one in this group has more info, you might try the TCI listserv.  I'm sure there are several members there with working 507Bs.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line