News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

We have the pictures, how about the SOUNDS

Started by Dan, July 08, 2009, 09:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Furley

Somebody asked about the British double ring; this is what it sounds like on the Bellset 26 that goes with my 232.

Dennis Markham

Great audio Stephen, thanks for that.  Very nice ring.  You can hear the sustained ring after the striker comes to rest.  Good recording.

Stephen Furley

The ringer on these old Bakelite 'phones was very loud, and this one now has a 3.3k resistor in series with it, to lower the REN.  The ringer that goes with my 150 candlestick is even louder.

GLadstone

Hi Everyone,

Reviving this topic-- As a newbie, I love this idea and find it really helpful!  ;D

I have a 1963 702B (internal M1A ringer) Princess Phone that currently has issues with its ringer-- it works, but does not sound quite right.

I'm currently troubleshooting / making adjustments and it is sounding better, but I'm not quite sure if it is "normal" yet as I don't have another Princess Phone to compare it to...

I would love to have a known good standard to compare my repair progress to.

Any 702B Princess Phone owners have some time to make a sound recording or video of your phone ringing on both the soft and loud settings?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Take care,
GLadstone

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Those files work perfectly.
Is it me or do all of the ringers except the WE's sound a bit tinny ? I can't imagine not being able to pick the WE ringer out in a comparison test.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson